Main Menu

Rogue Trooper review thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 20 April, 2006, 02:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Two days to go, and with the Rogue chatter picking up I thought it would be useful to have a thread for boarders' impressions of the new Rogue Trooper game.

So, use this thread to post impressions, hints, spoilers & grumbles and let everyone know what you think of the game. Any major story/gameplay spoilers should be well signposted so players further behind in the game don't have events a couple of hours ahead ruined, but otherwise I think we can consider this a RT free fire zone.

Mike Carroll

Some twit has given the game a one-star "review" on www.amazon.co.uk, based purely on the fact that he didn't like the Judge Dredd game!

Everyone: Check out his review and click on "No" on the "Was this review helpful to you?" section!

-- Mike

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EJH7EY/qid=1145472548/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_10_3/026-2466523-0962803" target="_blank">Rogue Trooper on www.amazon.co.uk

The Amstor Computer

Meh. I do wish Amazon would prevent people from "reviewing" games - and other media - that aren't even released yet. I'm just as leery of RT based on Rebellion's past titles - most particularly Dredd Vs Death - but I'm going to put my cash down and play it before passing judgement.

BTW - is "mickwilliams6" in any way related to "Zoe" from the 2000AD newgroup? Inquiring minds & all that... ;-)

Wils

Is the phrase "Victorian garden flat" used anywhere in the review?

Leigh S

Bah -  i wrote my own on line review, basically saying that lathough i ahdnt played the game, i was giving it 5 stars  - so how com he gets away with ti, and i dont?  Can you report malicious reviews in any way?

Leigh S

Bah -  i wrote my own on-line review, basically saying that although i hadn't played the game, i was giving it 5 stars  - so how come he gets away with it, and i dont?  Can you report malicious reviews in any way?

The Amstor Computer

There's a link marked "Report this" beneath the review, and if you click that you can vote the review as inappropriate (though you can't explain why, unfortunately).

I suspect that a review is manually checked when a vote threshold has passed, so everyone feel free to make your views known...

;-)

Leigh S

i clicked on the "report this" review as well - i suspect if enough people did it, it might get pulled?

The Amstor Computer

Perhaps. As I say, I think a certain number of votes will flag a review as potentially problematic. What happens next depends on Amazon's procedures. If it's manually reviewed by a member of staff, then I'd hope they'd recognise that the review couldn't possibly have been written from actual hands-on experience with the game & that they'd pull it from the site.

GordonR

"Is the phrase "Victorian garden flat" used anywhere in the review?"

Actually, it reads a lot like scojo's handiwork.

Art

"The fact that the game is being released on Xbox and PS2 indicates that style will most likely overrule substance. "

Nonsenscial...

"Rebellion - please look at console games line GTA etc and apply the lessons learnt to your games"

"Talking" to Rebellion, trying to geive them not terribly original idea...

"I'm 'dredding' what they're going to do with Strontium Dog, Slaine, Robohunter. "

terrible pun...

Yeah, I think we can call that a positive ID. Well done Scott, you're a twat.

James

James

Just found this on a gaming forum about Rogue

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1238/roguetrooper7sg.png>

The Amstor Computer

Heh - looks almost like the chap who modelled the "4-armed" 2K t-shirt in the prog. Has Tharg got a resident gimp who he drags out to take embarassing photos of on a regular basis?

;-)

Devons Daddy

HE IS THARG!

i have posted a couple of decent reveiws in other threads i have found.this week sees singapore gaming weekly released. i shall let you all know its reveiw.which was promising based on the last issue.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!