Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 03 December, 2019, 12:25:16 AM
I'd like to see some of the post classic Rogue Trooper from Realpolitik on.

Isn't that already scheduled for the 5th book?

Quote from: Tomwe on 31 October, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection Hey Dan,
Included in Rogue Trooper Volume 5 is the following stories...
Cinnabar; What Lies Beneath; Weapons of War; Overkill; Lions; Visit to the Boneyard; Requiem; Angels; Ghouls; Realpolitik; Condor Six Down; Dead Ringer; What if... Gunnar.
Hope this helps!

I guess a 6th book with War Machine is a possibility though, is there enough other worthwhile Rogue to get the page count up.

I've also realised I left no room for any further Sinister Dexter volumes in my list - seems likely there'll be 1 or 2 more of those. Do we have any idea what's going to be in book 3? And how many more books would be needed to wrap up the next major storyline after that?
I'd really like to get a bit more up to date with this strip as I feel like I'm missing some back story for some of the recent episodes in the prog.

Tjm86

Can I just say how bemusing it is reading the enthusiasm for the extension in light of the despair over Hachette's customer service recently.

:o

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 03 December, 2019, 09:49:55 AM
Can I just say how bemusing it is reading the enthusiasm for the extension in light of the despair over Hachette's customer service recently.

I buy the books from Forbidden Planet, so I'm afraid Hachette's customer service doesn't really bother me!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

The customer service is atrocious. Errors in the books are frustrating. The spine art is divisive. But the product as a whole is excellent – and it's not like Rebellion is churning out HCs itself. If the company was in a position to mirror Image's excellent oversized hardcovers, I'd buy them instead.

levers

Er, I'm clicking on the FB link and all I'm getting is what would be Tharg's favourite weapon?

Tomwe

Quote from: levers on 03 December, 2019, 03:27:19 PM
Er, I'm clicking on the FB link and all I'm getting is what would be Tharg's favourite weapon?
That's the main post that was replied to. Click here for the goodness

levers

Oh I see. That's very Hachette isn't it! Let's casually drop that into the conversation. No need to make an official announcement now....

Steve Green

Cheers,

I don't really visit that thread as I'm not a subscriber. And not as active on the forum as I used to be either.

But interesting to see it get an extension.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: sintec on 03 December, 2019, 08:55:57 AM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 03 December, 2019, 12:25:16 AM
I'd like to see some of the post classic Rogue Trooper from Realpolitik on.

Isn't that already scheduled for th

It might be, bear in mind I gave up reading 2000ad before the whole 'Galactic Hitman' storyline, and never knew of Realpolitik till years later, and was unaware of just how much there was from Hitman onwards, including Jaegir, Friday and the 86ers.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 December, 2019, 12:21:13 AM
It might be, bear in mind I gave up reading 2000ad before the whole 'Galactic Hitman' storyline, and never knew of Realpolitik till years later, and was unaware of just how much there was from Hitman onwards, including Jaegir, Friday and the 86ers.

Ahh fair enough - this is all new to me really. I just did quite a bit of research before signing on (decided I'd rather risk spoilers and make an informed choice) and alongside rediscovering a love of comics I've also rediscovered a love of spreadsheets and cataloguing things.

Really hoping we'll see a book of Jaegir in the extension the recent run in the prog was great.

Max Headroom

What I'd really like to see in the extension is a complete run of Defoe. Complete Stickleback might also be nice.

Jade Falcon

Well I picked up Invasion today, haven't burst the seal so I don't know if its the exact same as the Rebellion Invasion book, I imagine so.  I've got two Slaine books, this, and the Hewligans Haircut book to read.

I'd like to see a few more 'classic era' as in earlier stories in an extension as well, though to be honest I can't think of any must haves.  VC's would be nice though I have them all, a hardcover would be nice.  Leviathan might be a nice one, and surely if there was to be any more Dredd a Captain Skank volume should be in there.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 04 December, 2019, 09:07:16 PM
Well I picked up Invasion today, haven't burst the seal so I don't know if its the exact same as the Rebellion Invasion book, I imagine so.  I've got two Slaine books, this, and the Hewligans Haircut book to read.

I'd like to see a few more 'classic era' as in earlier stories in an extension as well, though to be honest I can't think of any must haves.  VC's would be nice though I have them all, a hardcover would be nice.  Leviathan might be a nice one, and surely if there was to be any more Dredd a Captain Skank volume should be in there.
When you open it let me know if the Back endpapers are upside down?

levers

Would more Lawless be out of the question, even if the first book came in the Mega Collection?

Dark Jimbo

A Fiends book would be a nice inclusion; plenty to choose from now between the classic strip, the Durham Red one-shot, the Bishop/MacNeil story, and the Edginton revival.
@jamesfeistdraws