Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 August, 2016, 03:31:01 AM

2000 AD's Greatest: Celebrating 40 Years of Thrill-Power!
"From humorously twisted Future Shocks to the dystopian escapades of Judge Dredd, 2000 AD has inspired generations of readers and has spawned some of the greatest talents in the comics industry. To celebrate the creative droids behind the Galaxy's Greatest Comic, a selection of writers and artists from across 2000 AD's forty-year history were asked to choose their favourite one-off story by a fellow creator and explain why they chose it. The result is this incredible anthology featuring work by Alan Grant, Kevin O'Neill, Rob Williams, Brian Bolland, Chris Weston and Steve Dillon selected by creators such as founding editor Pat Mills, celebrated artist Jock and recent newcomer Tom Foster."

That sounds fun, if all reprint. Hope The Order does well, I'd love this series to become a regular one of my favourites.

Dash Decent

I've started a new thread for the 2017 releases here: Click!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Frank

I'm in the middle of writing the first text novel in a series with Kevin O'Neill that could be described as a darkly humorous alternative history of UK comics publishing in the 1970s.

The novel series is called Read Em And Weep. Volume one is called Serial Killer.

If you're a fan of murder mysteries, flawed and eccentric characters, 70s nostalgia, insider knowledge on creating comics, childhood revenge, and film noir, you'll probably like Read Em And Weep. It's due out in February 2017 and volume 2 will be published later the same year.

http://www.millsverse.com/home/4585194099/MISTY-LIVES/10889259

Dash Decent

Quote from: Frank on 07 September, 2016, 10:55:14 PM
I'm in the middle of writing the first text novel in a series with Kevin O'Neill that could be described as a darkly humorous alternative history of UK comics publishing in the 1970s.

You always have interesting things to say, and with Mr O'Neill that's double-gold so I'll certainly look out for it.  What author name should we search for? (Not the butch Frank Sauchie, I'm sure!)  I'm imagining it with lots of footnotes in place of manifold hypertextual linkages.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Fungus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 08 September, 2016, 12:00:02 PM
Quote from: Frank on 07 September, 2016, 10:55:14 PM

You always have interesting things to say, and with Mr O'Neill that's double-gold so I'll certainly look out for it.  What author name should we search for? (Not the butch Frank Sauchie, I'm sure!)  I'm imagining it with lots of footnotes in place of manifold hypertextual linkages.

I'd stick to 'Pat Mills'  :-[

Dash Decent

Oops!  I saw the hyperlink at the end but didn't realise Frank was quoting.  I did wonder how he'd been picked to write with KO'N!

I'll sit in the corner for a while with this pointy hat on.  D - for Dux?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Frank

Fuck it, you've inspired me. If there can be two identical threads about Steve MacManus, me and Pat Mills can both write books called Read Em And Weep. I should probably try and find some guy whose name just happens to be Kevin O'Neill to illustrate it.

Dash Decent

I think I'd rather read your stuff anyway Frank!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

moldovangerbil

Is there any sign of a super special/signed/bookplate* edition of the Daily Dredds Volume 2?

I'm an absolute sucker for that sort of thing and given that there's nothing been announced this close to release I'm guessing the answer is 'no' but wondered if anyone had caught wind of anything like this?

Ta

*Delete any/all as applicable

Jacqusie

I know this thread is forthcoming thrills right? But I keep thinking it means the forthcoming stories in 2000AD and the Meg!

Sorry for being a dumbass, but is there a thread for this - or any snippets of 'new thrills' as in NEW thrills coming our way?

Thanks awfully  :wave:

Si

Dash Decent

Hi Si!

You (or anyone) is certainly welcome to add any snippets of upcoming stories into this thread.

The thread was started by Radiator, fine upstanding citizen of this parish, and he used to pull together all manner of news on upcoming stories as well as trades etc.

I don't seem to come across any news of upcoming stories so I just try and contribute what I can, which has evolved from saying "Hey!  This book is coming out!" to running a bit of a list.

I would welcome anyone throwing in any news they hear.

Cheers,

Dash.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

Some snippets from the Forbidden Planet website:

Meg 377; The return of Angelic by Rennie & Carter (excellent news), a new 'Movie Dredd' Judge Anderson story by Worley & Davidson, and the reprinting of Medivac 318. Surely a Luke Kirby reprint is a genuine possibility at this stage.

Meg 378; New Dredd story by Pete Milligan(!) and Tiernan Trevallion.

dweezil2

Quote from: Pink Lime on 20 September, 2016, 10:42:37 PM
Some snippets from the Forbidden Planet website:

Meg 377; The return of Angelic by Rennie & Carter (excellent news), a new 'Movie Dredd' Judge Anderson story by Worley & Davidson, and the reprinting of Medivac 318. Surely a Luke Kirby reprint is a genuine possibility at this stage.

Meg 378; New Dredd story by Pete Milligan(!) and Tiernan Trevallion.

More Angel Gang shenanigans is very welcome and I've enjoyed the movie Dredd tales, so looking forward to seeing how Worrley approaches movie Anderson, especially after his sterling work on the comic Anderson prose novels!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Also interesting that Medivac 318 is getting a reprint. Wasn't Hilary Robinson's work under ownership dispute? I wonder if a deal has been done or if this is a case of the Zeniths? Lets see.

One can only hope about Luke Kirby.