Main Menu

The completely self absorbed 2000ad re-read thread

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 May, 2016, 02:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Went to the Nerd Cave this morning to get my next batch of comics out for reading... there were no 2000ad in them.

That felt weird!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 January, 2022, 09:39:05 PM
... well that's it. We're done...

Welllll okay I'm not quite done I have this post, which I've been kinda dreading - no pun and all that - how the hell do I sum all this up. Almost 6 years of reading, 2500ish comics and annuals and specials and what not, 70000ish pages... and a lifetime.
Hey Colin. Well done on both your big reread and your recording of it. It's both fascinating and quite sweet to follow your enthusiasm and changing reactions to stuff.

I'd also like to apologise for not responding or commenting  more. At the start I was all fired up to get engaged with the conversation but gradually fell away. I frustrate myself by wanting to talk about my thoughts and reactions to art but finding it impossible to get something down. I really admire the way your able to jot down something interesting so seemingly easily. I have the same apprehension with Funt and his entertaining Thrill Coma thread. I still feel like I need to gather my thoughts and apologise about something related to Grey Area from two years ago.

Anyway, sorry for the dull diversion. Great stuff. When does the next one start?
We never really die.

Funt Solo

How about reading them all in reverse order, in honor of The Reversible Man (prog 308)?

Or you could do Crisis. Or fact-check Crisis's opening inside cover. A Diceman playthrough?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I could deal with Neighbours not being on telly anymore, but this thread coming to an end is too much.
You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mister Pops on 13 February, 2022, 01:19:54 AM
I could deal with Neighbours not being on telly anymore, but this thread coming to an end is too much.

So there we have revealed what I'm doing next. I'm starting my career in music, as the nation's pop princess!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 12 February, 2022, 10:40:15 PM
I really admire the way your able to jot down something interesting so seemingly easily. I have the same apprehension with Funt and his entertaining Thrill Coma thread...

Thanks Cosh. I'm alway a little surprised that anyone paid any attention to my wittering here. The self-absorbed ws always 'for real'. This thread was always designed for me to gather my thoughts, almost as a personal diary of my re-read.

As for getting things down, well I can't speak for Funt Solo, who always seems to have much more wit, structure and insight into what he does, but I find not worrying about it and just spouting whatever mindless guff comes onto my head is the way to go. If it turns out to be interesting to others, well that's just good fortune! Heck if you drop as much crap into this place as I do the laws of probability as on your side anyway.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 February, 2022, 06:32:47 AM

So there we have revealed what I'm doing next. I'm starting my career in music, as the nation's pop princess!

I should be so lucky
You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mister Pops on 13 February, 2022, 05:25:43 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 February, 2022, 06:32:47 AM

I should be so lucky

Oh now that is good!