Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Yeah, but that still means clicking a billion links. Imagine buying a 40-track album from Amazon or iTunes and you then having to click every single track to download it.

Colin YNWA

Though to be fair Humble Bundle is run on a shoe string, certainly compared to iTunes. They offer such fantastic deals and are funded on the leftovers that buyers choose to give (watch some one turn up now with evidence to show that they make billions $ every year!).

That's why I opt to give extra when I purchase HBs. Figure the publishers deserve a decent cut to get them to do it again, the charities almost always seem decent and Humble Bundle deserve a fair cut to keep them going ... so end up not being able to keep all ends balanced so give extra AND still feel I'm getting a smacking good deal!

IndigoPrime

Oh, agreed entirely. Really, the download thing is my only gripe, and I suspect it's probably as much to do with bandwidth as anything. (That said 'collect everything as one torrent' would also do me.)

Hawkmumbler

Comixology have a Metabarons sale on right now, so any fans of The Incal might want to check this out...

https://www.comixology.co.uk/Metabarons-Sale/page/9497?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 January, 2016, 08:04:03 AM
Comixology have a Metabarons sale on right now, so any fans of The Incal might want to check this out...

https://www.comixology.co.uk/Metabarons-Sale/page/9497?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

No, no they shouldn't, 'cos fans of Incal may well have already spent far to much on digital comics recently and really need to stop buying stuff!...

... my oh my it does look good though, thanks for the heads up...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 27 January, 2016, 08:42:15 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 27 January, 2016, 08:04:03 AM

No, no they shouldn't, 'cos fans of Incal may well have already spent far to much on digital comics recently and really need to stop buying stuff!...

... my oh my it does look good though, thanks for the heads up...
You get what you give! My wallets crying from all the reccomendations you throw up on here and the NCBD thread! Speaking of which, todays hauls out!

The Adventurer

Hey Marvel UK fans, how was Revolutionary War? Marvel's got it on sale over on ComiXology and I'm moderately curious about it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Different issues where of varying quality. The Dark Angel, Deaths Head, and Captain Britain stories where excellent. The rest was just OK but it's still one of the better stand alone story arcs Marvel has done in quite some time.

Colin YNWA

Just got back from town and The Works in Sheffield has opened in a sparkly new location. Anyway popped in and found a lovely hardcover of 'Birth of a Legend' covering all 39 of the original Marvel UK issues and a couple of the Super Spider-man issues for 6 quid!

I've always wanted to read these so while I think they might be a bit rubbish for 6 quid who can complain and seems to have some good back matter too. If I don't like it in a couple of years when it gets to the top of my read spread sheet, tenner on eBay and everyone is still winning!

Of course it would be very churlish to bemaon the fact they didn't have volume 2 'Seige of Camelot' in there as well! Would LOVE to get that stuff again.

Dandontdare

I've been keeping my eyes on the Steam sales waiting for Sid Meir's Civilization: Beyond Earth to get discounted, and this weekend there's a sale on 2K games, so I got it for under a tenner. It's installing right now.

Banners

The Adventurer

Yeah, apparently Alpha Centauri it ain't. I recommend Endless Space if that's what you're looking for.

Also you could have gotten Beyond Space in a Humble Bundle for $15 plus a bunch of other games (Civ, X-Com) this week.

https://www.humblebundle.com

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 January, 2016, 05:29:02 PM
Just got back from town and The Works in Sheffield has opened in a sparkly new location. Anyway popped in and found a lovely hardcover of 'Birth of a Legend' covering all 39 of the original Marvel UK issues and a couple of the Super Spider-man issues for 6 quid!

I've always wanted to read these so while I think they might be a bit rubbish for 6 quid who can complain and seems to have some good back matter too. If I don't like it in a couple of years when it gets to the top of my read spread sheet, tenner on eBay and everyone is still winning!

Of course it would be very churlish to bemaon the fact they didn't have volume 2 'Seige of Camelot' in there as well! Would LOVE to get that stuff again.
Ooooh! Thanks for the heads up, just popped into my local Works and nabbed Alpha Flight Classics vol.1 and Captain Britain and MI5. :)

pauljholden

you sure it's not Alpha Flight volume 2? (Frustratingly that's the only volume I can pick up in my local works...)

-pj

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 February, 2016, 04:26:13 PM
you sure it's not Alpha Flight volume 2? (Frustratingly that's the only volume I can pick up in my local works...)

-pj
Gah! Indeed! At least that gives me an excuse to nab vol.1!