Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

good luck! Volume 1 seems as rare as hen's teeth...

-pj

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: pauljholden on 01 February, 2016, 08:23:42 PM
good luck! Volume 1 seems as rare as hen's teeth...

-pj
Sweet madre christ £60???!!!

I'll just stick with vol.2 then, as analy retentive as I am about this kind of thing a bargains a bargain!

Colin YNWA

Interesting that its the first volume that's hard to get hold of. My experience is that normally you can get the first volume of any particular trade series but its the subsequent ones that are a dog to get hold of, as I assume they have smaller print runs. Yes 'Journey' Volume 2 I'm looking at you!

Anyway I'm sure you've seen this Hawkmonger being the digital chap you are but the Kindle verison of volume one is only £7.12

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 January, 2016, 04:01:54 PM
I've been keeping my eyes on the Steam sales waiting for Sid Meir's Civilization: Beyond Earth to get discounted, and this weekend there's a sale on 2K games, so I got it for under a tenner. It's installing right now.

Quote from: Banners on 31 January, 2016, 11:09:15 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

Hmm, I see what you mean - spent most of my day off yesterday playing this and it's basically just Civ 5 with a few mods. Instead of accumulating and spending gold, you accumulate and spend energy, instead of mining coal iron and gems you're looking for titanium, geothermal vents and xenomass pits.

The gameplay and almost everything else is virtually identical. I've still to explore the various victory conditions and the different "virtues" (which replace policies); and the tech tree is rather different - as the starting point is interstellar travel they've really had to work hard to create a similar number of tech advances - it's all cytogenetics and nanorobotics. The alien critters that replace barbarians and wild animals are pretty cool though.

It's a good job I love Civ5 so I should still get a lot of gameplay out of this, but I was hoping for a bit more imagination and variety in the execution.

CalHab

A new Humble comics bundle is out:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/dynamite3_bookbundle

It doesn't seem quite as good as the Image bundle last month, but still worth picking up (some Ennis, Gaiman, Moore, Matt Wagner).

Judge Brian

Marvel has discounted some Omnibus overstock to retailers recently. I picked up Thor Omnibus Vol. 2 & Howard the Duck for $40 each. Also discounted were the Skotty Young OZ omnibus, the Stand & the Dark Tower box sets.

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Hmmm, was about to say that I hadn't read any of Zelazny's Amber books, despite loving Lord of Light and a lot of his short storiew, and then I noticed that these ones aren't actually by Zelazny. Possibly stretching a point to call them 'classic SF', unless we're also going to include stuff like The Butlerian Jihad and Sisterhood of Dune in that category...?

Other good stuff in that bundle, mind.

Colin YNWA

Bit of a Brubaker (and largely Phillips) sale over at Image. I'm avoiding looking to closely as I've got silly amounts of comics to catch up on but should be good!

https://imagecomics.com/highlights/ed-brubaker-digital-comics-sale

TordelBack

Dublin-based Squaxx might be interested to know that The Secret Bookshop has Judge Dredd: Dead Zone for €6, the slim full size Fiends of the Eastern Front HB (forgot the price) and a rather dinged HB copy of Dredd v Aliens v Predator for €8.50. There's also a copy of the 1990 2000AD annual and a shoebox full of Commando.

Colin YNWA

Another month, another insanely good Humble Bundle deal... well if you like this kinda thing. This kinda thing being Aspen Comics. Of no interest to me BUT if you are there's almost $600 of comics for as little as $15. So ya know its a bargain in terms of quantity if nowt else.

IndigoPrime

I've never heard of Aspen Comics. The cover art looks a bit... skeevy. Does anyone here recommend the line?

Hawkmumbler

Aspen has the 10th Muse comic, the only title of their line I have any interest in but is noticably absent from this bundle. So it's a miss from me i'm afraid.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 March, 2016, 10:07:51 PM
Does anyone here recommend the line?

From what little I've read, no.

Echidna

I read the first volume of Fathom back when I was first getting into comics. It's the first comic I truly hated.