Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volo

Quote from: Cthulouis on 24 February, 2010, 11:35:47 AM
Late to the party I know, but I just read Maus.

Bloody hell, that was a bit good.

I agree, it really is a classic.

I, Cosh

On the way home this evening I bought 5 of the 7 issues of the second series of Phonogram. Sadly FP didn't have #3 or #5. I've just read the first one and I can honestly say it's one of the best single issues of any comic I've ever read. I was suffused with joy as I read it.
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Cthulouis on 24 February, 2010, 11:35:47 AM
Late to the party I know, but I just read Maus.

Bloody hell, that was a bit good.

Went to a reading and signing of this in Waterstones years ago, but drank so much free wine waiting for my turn that my lame question came out as gibberish, and I repeated it three times because I didn't understand Spiegelman's answer. Very embarrassing.

Excellent book though. See if your library has a copy of his "in the shadow of two towers". It's a huge-format book about 9/11 and is excellent.

HOO-HAA

Mikey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 February, 2010, 11:00:36 AM
See if your library has a copy of his "in the shadow of two towers". It's a huge-format book about 9/11 and is excellent.

Seconded - I actually own a copy! And Maus is a heart rending and brilliant with it.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mikey on 26 February, 2010, 01:12:09 PM
See if your library has a copy of his "in the shadow of two towers". It's a huge-format book about 9/11 and is excellent.

Seconded - I actually own a copy! And Maus is a heart rending and brilliant with it.

M.

It's not a book I'd buy becuse it's a) unfeasibly enormous to fit on a bookshelf and b) rather expensive.

mygrimmbrother

Maus - jeez, that's a hell of a book. Really powerful.

Just commenced volume one of The Walking Dead, with volume two lined up straight after (fantasic birthday presents courtesy of my good lady).

nev

Strontium Dog: The Final Solution
Unfortunately Simon Pegg has already ruined the end for me, although I forgive him as Spaced was rather amusing.

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

As I was re-reading Madame Bovary today all that stuff with the lawnmower on Mad Men last week began to make sense.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Cthulouis

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 February, 2010, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: Mikey on 26 February, 2010, 01:12:09 PM

M.

It's not a book I'd buy becuse it's a) unfeasibly enormous to fit on a bookshelf and b) rather expensive.

Yeah, I've seen the big one and always assumed it must be a special edition. Is there a smaller version out there, or is this why DDD suggested a library rather than a shop?

Dandontdare

I've never seen a smaller version - I think it was designed to be a one off collectible.

And I got it wrong, it's actually called "in the shadow of NO towers"  :-[

HOO-HAA

Still on DUMA KEY by King, with a side helping of ON WRITING.

Zarjazzer

"Rise of the Iron moon" by Stephen Hunt. Quite Jules Verne but with a modern twist, steampunk influences especially. Fun though so far and I keep finding excuses to read more. :P
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

wild-seven

I've just started Alan Moore's '25,000 years of erotic freedom' - it looks good and yes Roger, there ARE lots of pictures of naked ladies in it
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow