Main Menu

(Atten: Rebellion) 2000AD is the new Marvel

Started by Tarantino, 29 December, 2003, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

OK Tarantino - I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you're not trying to drive prices up by hoarding Prog 2's, and you're not after a vast profit, I'll give you a tenner for a prog 2.

Doesn't have to have the stickers on. Doesn't have to be mint. Just a readable copy of Prog 2 and the cash is yours.

I'm never going to spend daft amounts of cash on it, and let's face it, I can always order a Digital Archive and read it that way.

Whaddaya say?http://members.shaw.ca/karagana2/psp7/images/ff15.gif">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tarantino

I'd sell you my right arm before I parted with a prog 2. Well, ok, maybe a toe but I'd want more than a tenner. Besides, I don't know what I would be proving if I sold you a prog 2 for a tenner but nice try, I like your cheek.

Devons Daddy

how long did you think about till you actauly posted your response then tarantino?

i bought one for a tenner once,. about ten years back to be honest though.in plymouth in purple haze.
could well have been longer come to think of it.

so what do you sell them for then,im not looking to buy,just wondering whats your price?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

Why would you want more than a tenner? I think that's a very reasonable price. I can get a digital archive that contains progs 1-10 for ?25. I make that ?2.50 per prog. The reprinted stuff won't have tatty edges either...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

opaque

What paraphernalia do you have then Tarantino?
Just a few examples,maybe you've got something rare we don't have like The Watcher mentioned.

stront692

surely a digital archive is a breach of copyright though (at the very least a grey area) and this should not be promoted on the site, even a rebellion graphic novel reprinting said stories costs around ?18

the second issue does have a value and if bought it for a tenner, how long would it be before u resold it, it would simply rise in value

most fans would rather buy from another fan rather than a dealer, as the other fan is more likely to buy from them in the future and wont use the money earned to rip another comic fan off by telling them conditions bad or 'well, i dont care how much they are worth id never pay more than this for it' - jaded stuff like that

this is the excuse used by dealers who then resell it and make even more money

the market has a natural cycle, u should just let run its course (but it hasnt peaked yet and will not for a while)

Slippery PD

surely a digital archive is a breach of copyright though (at the very least a grey area) and this should not be promoted on the site, even a rebellion graphic novel reprinting said stories costs around ?18

Unless of course the archive is made by rebellion :), I think they are sold in the shop section...

Yer Slips

stront692

Aaron Smurf Murphy

The concept of collecting something for the  sake of having all of it is really a bit pointless, 2000AD fans who do have full collections either read from prog 1 to now or were missing a few issues or simply realised that most progs are a damn good read.

Personally if I ever do get old progs (the ratio must be 40 odd progs bought new to a back issue an' I started reading late 01)it's because there's a specific story in them that I wanted to read hence I like to get back issues with the early Dante or sin/dex stuff so issues 1000-1250 whatever. These can be hard to find and not becuase they're sought after or collectable but because the distribution then was very small due to market size.

Why would anyone wanna make a finally lowly growing market shrink further by claiming, for example, that those progs are very rare?

Finnigan Sinister

opaque

Of course what he really needs to do to make this rarer and worth more is to destroy the copies he does have, thus reducing the number out there ;)

Oddboy

I was pondering in a kinda morbid way yesterday about what would happen to my progs if I were to die (in the near future, ie truck/roadcrossing incident rather then at 83 in bed)
Figured I should get a will with a clause for them.

Thought the best idea would be to have them shipped to Wake to sell/auction for as much as possible & then put all the profits behind the bar at the next DreddCon.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Proudhuff

With the exception of that nice oddboy, the rest of you....

GET OUT MORE!
your time is limited, you need to aquire lots of experience involving drink, drugs, sex, rock and roll or at least some camping to bore the next generation with, yes, keep the old comic in a box but don't build your life round it!! unless your an artist or writer, if you are Produce don't Consume

Here endeth the first lesson, oh and Merry Crimbo to you all

Huffsta    
DDT did a job on me

stront692

im never here

this is an automated response (no, really - i work 27 hours a day but i never sleep, i would probably win that c4 thing no problem)

'heh heh'