Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Brit-Cit Noir - Paperback, 7th April 2016, 96 pages.

The British equivalent of Mega-City One, Brit-Cit is a crowded metropolis that sprawls across southern England, the future Scotland of Cal-Hab and the South Welsh Peninsula. Buttressed by its own 'Cursed Earth', it is a bizarre vision of Britain old and new. Even before the Atomic Wars, Britain had more ghosts and ghouls per square miles than anywhere in the world - and now Brit-Cit is the focal point for an abundance of weird, occult occurrences. Detective Inspector Jericho Strange heads up the Endangered Species Squad - a unit within Brit-Cit's Justice Department charged with investigating arcane cases. His exposure to a supernatural artefact called the 'Black Mirror' has left him with a face his new partner, Becky Darke, will never forget...Meanwhile, Lillian Storm is a loner Judge who can talk to the dead - but what terrible secrets will she uncover in England's haunted north? Collecting Strange & Darke: New Blood & Storm Warning: The Relic.

Sooner or Later - Paperback, 7th April 2016, 96 pages.

1986. Thatcher's Britain. The financial 'big bang' saw the rich get richer. Riots errupt in prisons across the country. And Micky Swift is still on the dole! Disillusioned with his dour existence in dreary Camden, Micky's life is suddenly turned inside out, when he is plucked from the present and dragged into the 30th century as the property of one Mr & Mrs Katsbreath - a case of mistaken identity. Unwanted, trapped in the future and still unemployable, If Micky wants to return home (time travel isn't cheap you know!), sooner or later he will need to find a job!

Strontium Dog: Outlaw - Paperback, 11th February 2016, 128 pages.

In the far future mutants twisted by radiation are outcasts from society and given only the dirtiest job - bounty hunting. Johnny Alpha is the greatest mutant working for the Search/Destroy Agency, hunting down the criminals for the Galactic Crime Commission. The inhabitants of Jock's Landing on the water world of Och-Eleven have been slaughtered and everyone thinks Johnny Alpha and his partner Wulf are the murderers! Framed by two sinister Stix brothers in retaliation for the murder of their brother, the hunters become the hunted and must evade a legion of Strontium Dogs, whilst trying to clear their names.

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Excited that Strange and Darke is getting collected - a horrible John Smith hole in my collection.

Hawkmumbler

But does that mean we'll never see the thing again? Thats a little gutting.

IndigoPrime

Given the time we often have between John Smith series, collecting now rather than later probably makes sense. As for the other stuff, interesting to see Sooner or Later in there—a lost classic, really—but what will be in the book? Even Sooner or Later and Swifty's Return together makes for only 55 pages out of 96. There are two Milligan/McCarthy Future Shocks, I suppose (already reprinted in the best of)—Sixty Hours that Shook the World and Bad Maxwell—along with the three-page Breathless. That's still only another 11 pages. Alternatively, Freaks is only 30 pages, and Tribal Memories 21, although both lack McCarthy.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 September, 2015, 10:28:06 AM
Given the time we often have between John Smith series, collecting now rather than later probably makes sense. As for the other stuff, interesting to see Sooner or Later in there—a lost classic, really—but what will be in the book? Even Sooner or Later and Swifty's Return together makes for only 55 pages out of 96. There are two Milligan/McCarthy Future Shocks, I suppose (already reprinted in the best of)—Sixty Hours that Shook the World and Bad Maxwell—along with the three-page Breathless. That's still only another 11 pages. Alternatively, Freaks is only 30 pages, and Tribal Memories 21, although both lack McCarthy.

Sooner or Later
Swifty's Return
Sixty Hours that Shook the World
Bad Maxwell
Breathless
The Walking Dredd
and a Pete Milligan interview from the Megazine.

IndigoPrime

Aha. I didn't think of McCarthy minus Milligan. Smart choice.

Dash Decent

Is there anything special about the SD: Outlaw release, Robo-K33F (apart from the story and the art!)?  B format, coloured,...?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Given the price, that surely has to be B-format.

Taryn Tailz

Brit-Cit Noir will be a must buy for me, seeing as I missed Strange & Darke the first time round.

The Adventurer

Brit-Cit Noir seems like a strange hodgepodge of a collection, kind of like Mega-City Undercover actually. They must not be expecting much from Storm Warning if they're just tossing it in.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Robo-K33F

Ancient Otter

I didn't see this mentioned earlier but also listed for release next year:

March - Planet of the Damned & Death Planet

January -  Slaine: The Brutania Chronicles Volume 2

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 04 September, 2015, 09:13:34 PM

March - Planet of the Damned & Death Planet

Whooh, what that is very cool, very, very cool. Not only 'cos I've never read Planet of the Damned (Death Planet... well its there, but the planet is so undeadly... anyway I digress) BUT since the understanding is that 2000ad only has the rights to strips that carried through from Starlord (and Tornado) into 2000ad this suggests that Rebellion might have branched out and snapped up the rights to other stuff.

Least ways, if this is a success could it mean that we might get more of the stuff from Tornado and Starlord... and who knows what else.

Time(quake) will tell.

TordelBack

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 04 September, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 September, 2015, 10:28:06 AM

Sooner or Later
Swifty's Return
Sixty Hours that Shook the World
Bad Maxwell
Breathless
The Walking Dredd
and a Pete Milligan interview from the Megazine.

This is the most exciting and enticing collection Too Loud and Crazy has produced in yonks. Thankyewthankyewthankyew.

Link Prime