Main Menu

Selling early Progs on eBay

Started by Mangamax, 26 September, 2005, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

A friend of mine has asked me to sell some early ones for him - earliest being 41.
What's best? Put them on individually or in blocks?
Maybe according to Dredd story? Was thinking of that with The Day The Law Died but not with Cursed Earth as i'm figuring he'd get more with the Burger Wars one's going seperate.
Any thoughts?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

stevemfp

I've recently put a load of 2000ad's from the early eighties online just to clear some space. I put them on in blocks of 50 - 70 at a time as I want them gone quickly, with a really low starting price but had no takers at all. I suppose the postage puts people off.
I've found that buyers probably aren't interested in complete runs of a particular storyline (The Day the Law Died, etc,) as in most cases these can be picked up cheap elsewhere (Titan/Rebellion/Best of reprints) but just want that one, two or three issues to complete their collection, so in my opinion the best way to sell them is as bunches of consecutive progs in tens. Set a low starting price and be prepared to accept that price too, sadly most people who are as into 2000ad as we are are likely to have them anyway but there's always someone who'll pay for that issue with "Terror Tube" or whatever.
Having said that do put the Burger Wars issues up seperately, they may stink but people who haven't read them before will pay to see what they've missed. Hope this isn't too negative for you, but good luck selling them.
Although I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

The Amstor Computer

In my experience, earlier progs (pre-200) are - as the above poster says - best listed in blocks of ten.

However, for anything from 200 up to around the 800 or 900s, they seem to shift more easily - and you achieve a better price - when listed in batches of 50.

From the 1000s onward, I'd switch back to listing in batches of 10 - these more recent issues are (perversely enough) harder to find than copies of the comic from 20-odd years ago.

Mangamax

Ta for that chaps - will follow your lead and bunch 'em.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong