Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 27 April, 2010, 10:42:01 PM
He'll be promising to clear the Hundred Acre Wood of heffalumps and woozles next.

This excellent jibe is sadly undermined by the appearance of Heffalumps in The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, for which crime I hope someone was shot at dawn.

Noisybast

The following Facebook exchange between me and my cousin could just as easily have appeared on the "Stupid Things Peole Have Said To You" thread:

E**a H*****s
WHICH PARTY WILL YOU VOTE FOR AT THE MAY GENERAL ELECTION ? : BNP

POLICIES: IMMIGRATION – time to say ENOUGH! On current demographic trends, we, the native British people, will be an ethnic minority in our own country within sixty years. To ensure that this does not happen, and that the British people retain their homeland and identit...

Yesterday at 19:08 via 2010 U.K. Mock Election, Opinion Poll  · Comment · LikeUnlike · 2010 U.K. Mock Election,

Matt Nicholson
You do know the "native British people" are long gone, don't you? I mean, even the Anglo Saxons were immigrants...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_People

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_people

37 minutes ago ·

E**a H*****s
Yeah but at least they shown respect. The other parties are useless and never stick to their word, and the fact of the matter is they haven't monitored the issue, the country is over crowded and there is too much of a strain.
31 minutes ago

Matt Nicholson
Oh dear. Think I'm going to put this can of worms down before it gets spilled...
about a minute ago ·

Seriously - is there an emoticon for "open-mouthed with facepalm-inducing gobsmackery"? I wonder if Tordelback can confirm my cousin's theory that the Anglo Saxons only popped round to borrow a cup of sugar?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Banners

Gordon Brown would probably say your cousin is bigoted... ;-)

M@

Noisybast

Send us all back where we came from, that's what I say...

The Legendary Shark

Dear Daily Mail,

Bloody locals, lazing around my country letting foreigners do all the hard work! It's a disgrace. They're obviously not working nearly hard enough to pay proper taxes because my benefit payments are a fecking disgrace so I can't laze around in peace any more. Whip the buggers, I say! Give 'em the lash! Make 'em put their bloody backs into it!

Confused of Godalming.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

Heh, I think someone else must have chimed in - her original post and all subsequent replies have been deleted! :)

TordelBack

Quote from: Noisybast on 28 April, 2010, 01:29:07 PM
I wonder if Tordelback can confirm my cousin's theory that the Anglo Saxons only popped round to borrow a cup of sugar?

Heh.  I've long suspected that most English people believe themselves to be direct descendants of the Romans (the ones with the RSC accents off of I Claudius, not those Eytie ones from the Med), rather than any of those squalid Germanic tribes.  It is quite amusing as an outsider watching the agonisingly inane UK election coverage to see immigration be listed as One of the Top 2 Issues of The Election.  Looking at the actual news (rather than self-serving vox-pop) it's very hard to believe that it could even be in the Top 20.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just for your pleasure  ;)

Royal Mail created a stamp with a picture of the Prime Minister on it.
The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. 
This enraged the Prime Minister, who demanded a full investigation.
After a month of testing and spending £1.1M, a Special Commission presented the following three findings:

1. The stamp is in perfect order.
2. There is nothing wrong with the adhesive.
3. People are spitting on the wrong side of the stamp

I thank you!

M.I.K.

Quote from: Banners on 28 April, 2010, 01:31:10 PM

M@

Sheesh! Gordon Brown can't do anything right, can he?

Poor sod.

Lady Festina

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 April, 2010, 01:55:03 AM
attending a God awful Enya concert.

to the accompaniment of a rock ballad or bloody Enya.

We've got our own problems: Crime. Global warming. Immigration. ... A volcano. Enya.

fucking each other over and listening to Enya

CIA operated telepathic satellite transmissions of Enya songs.

Ummm. I know I'm about two pages behind the curve, but do ya think the Shark has a bit of a crush on someone??

OK. OK. I know it's a serious thread. Happy day that Mr Wolf is finding messages from the Lib Dems that appeal, that HooHaa remains true to his anarchism and that debate can thrive, even if it gets tetchy from time to time.

No point to make (sorry), just appreciation for the thread :-)

Peter Wolf

Quote from: M.I.K. on 28 April, 2010, 03:48:20 PM
Quote from: Banners on 28 April, 2010, 01:31:10 PM

M@

Sheesh! Gordon Brown can't do anything right, can he?

Poor sod.

Incapability Brown.

Gordon BrNWO.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

"Incapability Brown!"

Ha ha ha! Genius!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you hear the news last night. Greece have been rated as 'Junk Bond Status' and the world trembles. The 'PIGS' countries will drag Europe down if 'WE' don't all step in and prop them up  ::)

This is what Europe is all about, spend, spend, spend, on failing countries, will this madness never end!

I was always told not to throw good money after bad but it seems countries can do this all the time, with our money!

Emperor

Quote from: Noisybast on 28 April, 2010, 01:40:28 PM
Send us all back where we came from, that's what I say...

I was born in Cyprus, I await my free airline ticket. As a British citizen they can't stop me sneaking back in again, so they could keep sending me back, once a year in the Winter, when it is cooler, would be lovely thanks. Do I apply to Nick Griffin now?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

This wouldn't be happening if sovereign states reclaimed the responsibility of printing their own... er, haven't I said this already? I forget.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]