Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 May, 2010, 09:39:42 PM
Thats all well and good but you should know very well not to expect politicians to keep their promises/pledges.

What happened to the last referendum that the UK was promised ?

Nothing.

A.) The reason we had no referendum was mostly likely because of Tory/Labour cockblocking.

and

B.) The process of changing to the Euro would be massive scrutiny, and you can bet your arse the media circuit will lean on whoever is in power to give us a referendum.

I don't trust politicians much either, but acting like they're all the spawn of Satan and cannot be a force of good in the world through any capacity is just silly.

Al_Ewing

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Christov on 06 May, 2010, 01:20:29 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 May, 2010, 09:39:42 PM
Thats all well and good but you should know very well not to expect politicians to keep their promises/pledges.

What happened to the last referendum that the UK was promised ?

Nothing.

A.) The reason we had no referendum was mostly likely because of Tory/Labour cockblocking.

and

B.) The process of changing to the Euro would be massive scrutiny, and you can bet your arse the media circuit will lean on whoever is in power to give us a referendum.

I don't trust politicians much either, but acting like they're all the spawn of Satan and cannot be a force of good in the world through any capacity is just silly.

I dont understand point A.What does "cockblocking" mean ?

I also already know and understand why we didnt get a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

B:The media can lean on whoever is in power to give us a referendum as much as they like but that doesnt have anything to do with the electorate being given one.All they can do is promote or propagandise the issue for or against it.

C:I am not acting like anything.All i do is point out facts so if politicians want to start acting like they are a force for good then i will shut up and be out of a job and then perhaps i cant start paying attention to other things instead.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

I will vote for anyone who can make my life feel like this:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 06 May, 2010, 02:19:15 AM
I will vote for anyone who can make my life feel like this:

AWWWWWWWW!!! Pinks nosed puppies and kittens! :D

stacey

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 06 May, 2010, 01:53:53 AM
Quote from: Robin Low on 05 May, 2010, 09:26:26 PM
This was just brought to my attention:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poverty-and-injustice-in-david-cameronrsquos-model-borough-1962318.html

Grim reading.

Barring a miracle, tomorrow is not going to be fun.

It's a pity they couldn't get some of these people asking questions in the debate and watch the plastic frowny man squirm. Very uncomfortable reading.

I am scared for us all. I am a single mother of two relying on my tax credits to be able to live and work. Trying to make the best decision for my little family is a difficult and scary thing, it won't be Tory, they hate me, as if I planned for my marriage to fail. I feel really angry and let down and still undecided about who is going to do the best for me, as selfishly thats what I have to think about. Me and my girls.

HOO-HAA

Anyone been to the polling station yet?

Later, I shall post a pic of my dog and I on our journey towards spoiling my vote.  :D

LARF

Oooh! are you going to cover it in Chum and feed it to the dog?

:-)

davethomson

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 06 May, 2010, 11:06:07 AM

Just got back from the polling station, it was very quiet. Voted for the SNP (which I'm sure many people consider to be ballot spoiling), got wet in the rain and bought some cigarettes for when the results come out.

Typical election day, eh?
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

The Legendary Shark

"The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: Christov on 05 May, 2010, 01:59:06 PM
I'm rather scared by the idea of a Conservative government...While I don't doubt that they have the best interests of the country at heart
I doubt it very much - and I share your fear

Quote from: Noisybast on 05 May, 2010, 08:03:44 PM
I'm finding the idea of someone I otherwise think well of voting for those evil blue bastards quite hard to deal with. Is this normal?
Normal? It's commendable!

Quote from: Robin Low on 05 May, 2010, 09:26:26 PM
This was just brought to my attention:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/poverty-and-injustice-in-david-cameronrsquos-model-borough-1962318.html
And that's why, the evil scumsuckers.

I expect to be rather depressed tomorrow  :(

The Legendary Shark

Might as well be depressed now and get it over with.

Tomorrow we can begin planning the revolution. (Open-ended rolling strikes, boycotting of major corporations (except the banks - boycott the banks and they'll shut off the money supply and blame the boycotts), rolling roadblocks and flash-mobs until the politicians either side with us or with the corporations/banks. The ones who side with us get an unconditional pardon, the ones who side with the banks/corporations get fired and imprisoned.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

HOO-HAA

Quote from: davethomson on 06 May, 2010, 11:16:47 AM
Quote from: HOO-HAA on 06 May, 2010, 11:06:07 AM

Just got back from the polling station, it was very quiet. Voted for the SNP (which I'm sure many people consider to be ballot spoiling), got wet in the rain and bought some cigarettes for when the results come out.

Typical election day, eh?

Well, it wasn't a wasted journey. You got yourself some smokes, after all! :)

Quote from: LARF on 06 May, 2010, 11:12:30 AM
Oooh! are you going to cover it in Chum and feed it to the dog?

:-)

There's an idea...

OR I could feign madness by dragging the polling card along the ground, on a lead, and offering my dog as proof of eligibility to vote!

:D

uncle fester

I've done my bit. Now looking forward to shouting at the telly later.

HOO-HAA

Quote from: uncle fester on 06 May, 2010, 12:19:01 PM
Now looking forward to shouting at the telly later.

And shaking your fist. Don't forget the fist-shaking, Damn it!

*shakes fist at computer*

>:(