Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Almost voted MRL before I saw they were the "Monster Raving Loony William Hill Party".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Lady Festina

sorry, but this is funny... CamRon has just thanked all his opponents for campaigning in a "fair and reasonable way"... Given that he was up against Jesus, Boss Hogg and the BNP, that's quite a statement... (honestly, look at the pictures)...

Nap Normal

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 03:01:51 AM
sorry, but this is funny... CamRon has just thanked all his opponents for campaigning in a "fair and reasonable way"... Given that he was up against Jesus, Boss Hogg and the BNP, that's quite a statement... (honestly, look at the pictures)...

:D That brought tears to my eyes.
It's now neck and neck.
Falling in love makes you fat.

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 03:01:51 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al_Ewing

Starting to freak out a bit. When the blue number overtakes the red number I'm going to fully freak out.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 07 May, 2010, 03:17:04 AM
Starting to freak out a bit. When the blue number overtakes the red number I'm going to fully freak out.

I am with you... Am currently shouting "Nooooo-oooo" at the TV whenever it gets close. The red number is (so far) staying ahead but I don't expect it to last.

Oh and by the way, Pickled Onion Space Whatevers - tchaa. You shoulda been campaignin', big fella....

Banners

Oh dear... the blue team is winning now!

M@

Lady Festina

As Samuel Johnson once said: "Bollocks"

Nap Normal

Are the Lib Dems about to become the new King Makers?

Al_Ewing

I did a lot of virtual campaigning on the Twitter. Does that count?

Anyway, I'm now fully freaking out. Holding onto that Kingmaker thing.

Lady Festina

Kingmakers: Maybe, but perhaps not as much as everyone suspected. In my constituency, there had been massively open campaigning until the last 24 hours. At that point it shifted to tactical voting - the Labs and the Cons both saying that a Lib Dem vote was a waste. Think that tactic could have worked.....

(Oh good God, the BBC are now interviewing those two well known political pundits: Al Murray Pub Landlord and Bill Wyman, who frankly should be in jail for statutory rape. Golden age of broadcasting eh?)

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 07 May, 2010, 03:30:37 AM
I did a lot of virtual campaigning on the Twitter. Does that count?
Not for anybody under an age that begins with 3. But well done on embracing the new-fangled. Can you explain it to me??

Al_Ewing

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 03:34:08 AM
Can you explain it to me??

Not really. It's basically a giant comic convention that never ends.

Lady Festina

Lots of MacNeil style drinking then? But without a limit on how many letters you can have in a panel...

WITH a limit... WITH a  limit.. Gosh pay attention girl....

Nap Normal

At the end of the day all we are doing is voting for one bunch of fuck wits replace another bunch of fuck wits.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Nap Normal on 07 May, 2010, 03:43:06 AM
At the end of the day all we are doing is voting for one bunch of fuck wits replace another bunch of fuck wits.

Yes, but do you want your fuckwits educated at a first-tier public school or a second-tier public school?