Main Menu

Bringing the World to its Knees

Started by JohnW, 24 September, 2023, 10:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Alright – so top-level villainy was never my ambition, but if I had to?
I would travel by Zeppelin, which would cast a dread shadow. That would be its central thing – it would loom menacingly.
I haven't really given anything else much consideration.

What about the rest of you? Would you sooner fight it out with your arch nemesis on the roof of a speeding train or on a cable car over an Alpine valley? Will your uniformed goons dress in thirties or sixties retro-military chic?
Shark tank in the basement or a hunting preserve where your victim gets the illusion of a sporting chance?
And would you put the effort into a PhD so you can legitimately use the title 'Doctor'?

(Yup – I was thinking about The Wages of Sin from prog 257, but without the sci-fi.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

I would sit in my Sharkbase, located on the ocean floor inside a shark-headed cave, sending out my fleets of shark-shaped submarines to threaten world trade unless I get 10% of the global profits. Then I'd sit back in my sharkskin chair, wearing my sharkskin hat, and give it the old bwa-ha-ha-haas.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Me and my brother both started training in two rival schools of ninjutsu at around the same time.  So before jumping into world domination plans, I'll have to see about fighting him on a waterfall at some stage.

He gave up years ago and I'm still shite at it but there's still no getting around it, the waterfall fight must happen.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

One time, this alcoholic, misogynist Brit spy thought he had tracked me down, and infiltrated my lair. But when he snuck into my study all he found in my leather wing-back chair was a bomb which leveled the whole island.

Some people say the real Mister Pops has been dead for years, now it's just a mantle ambitious criminals and underworld tyrants take on. Some people say I was never real in the first place, just a story made up to scare children and keep potential snitches quiet.

Some people don't say these things twice.
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

My long-term goal has been to warm the planet in preparation for the arrival of my friends from Sirius. This has been leaked, of course, but alongside multiple fake brush-fire tales that put *most* people off the scent. Duly, I can just be entirely honest about my plans and people disregard me as a crank.

Prepare!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

These are better replies than I could have hoped for.
I'd be proud to sit around a conference table in a volcano with any and all of you (with, of course, Kung-fu Jayzus crudely dubbed into English).

Now if someone would just plug in the doomsday device, please.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

A CRANK! WELL THEY'LL SOON SEE! THEY'LL ALL PAY!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JohnW on 26 September, 2023, 09:30:54 PMI'd be proud to sit around a conference table in a volcano with any and all of you

I'd be happy to join you and definitely wouldn't send a decoy with a surgically implanted bomb.
You may quote me on that.