Main Menu

Blu-ray Minithread

Started by Hawkmumbler, 22 December, 2018, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Somehow the film Jeremiah Johnson has completely passed me by. Seeing as it right up my street that's something I'll rectify as soon as possible.

Rately

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 August, 2019, 06:39:05 PM
Somehow the film Jeremiah Johnson has completely passed me by. Seeing as it right up my street that's something I'll rectify as soon as possible.

Same here.

I've another movie to add to the massive pile of books, comics, CDs sat on the bedside table, now spilling under the bed!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 August, 2019, 06:39:05 PM
It's a great mountain man movie and 'snow' western, and very much an 'every frame a painting' film. Redford is superb in it!

It's also the origin of this time and tried gif.

Rately

When was it made?

Didn't know Zach Galifianakis was in it...

Hawkmumbler

Thats Robert Redford believe it or not.  :lol:

Rately

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 05 August, 2019, 11:02:06 AM

:lol: Ha! I know, I'm playing off the recent Twitter shite-fest over that very GIF!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Rately on 05 August, 2019, 11:53:10 AM

:lol: Ha! I know, I'm playing off the recent Twitter shite-fest over that very GIF!
Ha! Just looked that up! Thats actually brilliant, It's like certain people don't think that actors age or made anything before 1990 that wasn't Star Wars.  :lol:

Rately

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 05 August, 2019, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: Rately on 05 August, 2019, 11:53:10 AM

Ha! Just looked that up! Thats actually brilliant, It's like certain people don't think that actors age or made anything before 1990 that wasn't Star Wars.  :lol:

It makes hilarious reading!

Hawkmumbler

Phones currently in the workshop so no pictures, but nabbed a bunch of things from the HMV/Fopp Arrow Academy sale...

-The Long Goodbye
-Night of the Hunter
-The Hired Hand
-My Darling Clementine

Oh, and I splooged out on some Eureka! goodies for completing another year at Uni.

-Drunken Master
-Once Upon A Time in China Part 1 - III (Plus Once Upon a Time in China and America)

Rately

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 August, 2019, 03:46:46 PM
Phones currently in the workshop so no pictures, but nabbed a bunch of things from the HMV/Fopp Arrow Academy sale...

-The Long Goodbye
-Night of the Hunter
-The Hired Hand
-My Darling Clementine

Oh, and I splooged out on some Eureka! goodies for completing another year at Uni.

-Drunken Master
-Once Upon A Time in China Part 1 - III (Plus Once Upon a Time in China and America)

Good man on getting the year in!

I really need to add Night Of The Hunter to my collection. I've seen it maybe once, but it was absolutely brilliant. Hell of a film, and some performance from Robert Mitchum.

Tombo

My anime blu-rays (and a couple of DVDs).  My latest purchases were the original Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy and the complete series of Shimoneta both from HMV and surprisingly both cheaper than Amazon.  And I've just realised my copy of Kabanari of the Iron Fortress isn't in the picture.  Bugger it I can't be bothered taking and editing another pic.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Rately on 16 August, 2019, 04:25:00 PM

Good man on getting the year in!

I really need to add Night Of The Hunter to my collection. I've seen it maybe once, but it was absolutely brilliant. Hell of a film, and some performance from Robert Mitchum.

Cheers man, feels good to get it over with that bit earlier!

And yeah, sat in and watched it again this morning. It's that rare, beautiful feature that I can honestly say requires no changes what so ever. It's a perfect thriller, and a wonderful movie.

Hawkmumbler

Keef Monkey

I know the recent Hellboy movie went down like a fart in a lift, but I found enough fun in it to pick it up on 4K and really happy with the steelbook. The art was TBC when I ordered so always nice when it turns out looking nice!

Rately

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 28 August, 2019, 09:34:29 AM
I know the recent Hellboy movie went down like a fart in a lift, but I found enough fun in it to pick it up on 4K and really happy with the steelbook. The art was TBC when I ordered so always nice when it turns out looking nice!

That Mignola art is gorgeous.

Haven't seen the movie, but I think it might be worth a rent as i generally love Neil Marshall's work, and it has been disappointing to hear all the negativity and criticism surrounding the movie.