Main Menu

The V.C.s - Old Soldiers

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 July, 2010, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

To be honest I haven't really got anything new to say about this that I've not said before. Great story - check, wonderful art - check, credible and engaging world - check, characters I invest in - check, a genunine sense of danger and tension - check.

The new V.C.'s stuff is a perfect example of how to revisit an old thrill, one I have to say art aside, I wasn't a big fan of. Dan Abnett has taken the original concept and all but maintained it however moving it just enough away from the original story to allow him room to move with freedom and not be bound by what had gone before. Its just brillant brillant stuff.

Along with Anthony Williams getting a strip he can make his own, that is perfect for him and doing a blinding job this is now becoming one of my all time favourite thrills.

So no nowt new to say but hey this thrill deserves all the praise it can get, even if it is me banging on again.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 12 July, 2010, 03:04:23 PM
????

Always a pleasure to hear your input, Batson. :-)

This was very much a case of diminishing returns for me. I adored the initial Henry Flint-drawn book, but as time passed I found myself less and less engaged with each successive arc. Then it just sort of... stopped, leaving me wondering quite what the point had been.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jared Katooie

????

Note: Colin_YTMND is reading through old progs and giving his impressions of the stories therein.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 July, 2010, 04:55:50 PM
????

Always a pleasure to hear your input, Batson. :-)

This was very much a case of diminishing returns for me. I adored the initial Henry Flint-drawn book, but as time passed I found myself less and less engaged with each successive arc. Then it just sort of... stopped, leaving me wondering quite what the point had been.

Sorry about that, had a million other things to do and had planned to reply sooner rather than later.

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 12 July, 2010, 07:48:10 PM
????

Note: Colin_YTMND is reading through old progs and giving his impressions of the stories therein.

Thanks for that reply, was checking Amazon for the third V.C.'s book in case it was out without REBELLION letting us know about it.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night