Main Menu

Karl Urban in new futuristic Cop show?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 01 June, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Looking on AICN at the reviews for this taken from the US media, it looks like it is a bit rubbish and has not been very well received at all. This is a bit disappointing as I was looking forward to this.  :(
Will still watch and make my own verdict but it doesn't look good!

Proteus4

First episode was ok. I reckon as it progresses it could get better, with a bit more humour and buddy cop stuff.  But, the first ep was a bit dry, slightly plodding and the dialogue was dopey in places.  I don't reckon it'll get a second series but if it does it could be great.
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Judge Brian

2048. If only it were a Judge Fargo show.

CheechFU

It was a bit more feel good buddy cop show than I was expecting but it was ok.
Next episode has sexbots in it  :o

Proteus4

Is the next ep on tonight or next Monday?
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Steve Green

Tonight I think - the guy who made the title sequence was blogging about it and said it was on this evening.

Cheers

Steve

Professor Bear

It was alright, and no worse than any other of the daft-but-fun mismatched buddy-buddy genre shows on tv at the moment like Lost Girl or Sleepy Hollow.
I felt it was a carbon copy of Total Recall 2070 for the most part, though luckily no-one watched that so I don't think it'll impact its reputation much even though it shares many of the same flaws - notably the lack of prominent female characters - and adds to them - neck-injecting crime lab nonsense and glowy face stuff - but I think what'll scupper it will be that it comes off as too much like Continuum and thus will be competing with it for the same audience, as I don't think people will want to watch too many half-in half-out sci-fi/cop shows at one time and the one that's been going for nearly three years already will do better, if only for having this to keep it's seat warm until it comes back for a new season.
Better than Under The Dumb, no worse than Agents of Shield, but not as good as Elementary (much as I want to hate that, I have to admit to it being very smart telly), but I really do have to say that the plot hinging on the villain outlining his plan to attack a police station right in the middle of a fucking street is hilariously stupid.

Proteus4

Quote from: Professor Bear on 18 November, 2013, 09:18:08 PM
It was alright, and no worse than any other of the daft-but-fun mismatched buddy-buddy genre shows on tv at the moment like Lost Girl or Sleepy Hollow.
I felt it was a carbon copy of Total Recall 2070 for the most part, though luckily no-one watched that so I don't think it'll impact its reputation much even though it shares many of the same flaws - notably the lack of prominent female characters - and adds to them - neck-injecting crime lab nonsense and glowy face stuff - but I think what'll scupper it will be that it comes off as too much like Continuum and thus will be competing with it for the same audience, as I don't think people will want to watch too many half-in half-out sci-fi/cop shows at one time and the one that's been going for nearly three years already will do better, if only for having this to keep it's seat warm until it comes back for a new season.
Better than Under The Dumb, no worse than Agents of Shield, but not as good as Elementary (much as I want to hate that, I have to admit to it being very smart telly), but I really do have to say that the plot hinging on the villain outlining his plan to attack a police station right in the middle of a fucking street is hilariously stupid.

Yeah - I literally slapped my head when that happened. Lazy writing.

Dave

JOE SOAP

Proteus4

Proteus4

Just been watching episode 2 and I really liked it! It had a few good lines (like when the droid had analysed his testicles!!) and there wasn't the same reliance on a totally stupid baddy telling you his plan. The stuff about androids dying, the partner being squeamish when Gareth off of the office does the droid autopsy, etc were all nice touches. Looking forward to more of this. I found continuum to be singularly without humour and charm so hopefully this will get a few good ratings here and there. I mean, V got two series and it was totally shit.

Dave

HdE

Ah, but Continuum has Rrrrrrachel Nichols!

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Proteus4

Anyone seen episode 3? It has what has to be the funniest stupidest set ever - after a bomb goes off. Watch it and look out for the cleanest bomb site ever.

Dave.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just watched the opening scene and it shows Karl firing left handed but when he gets up from the crouching position, the weapon is in his right hand. Why am I cursed with this eyesight that shows me such things. The opening scene as well ::)

Obviously that one part was flipped, as the blood on his face gives the game away ;)

Theblazeuk

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Dredd's lawgiver no matter even in his offhand.

I am watching the first few minutes of the 3rd episode and I am enjoying the retread of Die Hard, right down "Ehh it was a boring conversation anyway". However when things are so knowing it does make it a little hard to accept the cop's playing along so predictably but still, cool.

Seems like Megacity almost given how brutal the criminals are. Though it doesn't seem like every cit is a perp at least.