Sláine recent Rebellion reprints collection

Started by vark, 13 April, 2013, 10:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 11 October, 2013, 03:34:06 AM
Quote from: vark on 20 July, 2013, 07:00:43 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 20 July, 2013, 06:29:01 PM
They didn't add the missing Diceman page in the new edition?  :o
Dice man material has only been reproduced in the Demon killer tpb as well as I am aware of. Sláine "The king" contains a complete role playing game (tomb of terror) but It was published in 2000 AD.

If anyone has tried playing that Slaine: Tomb of Terror game at the back of either edition of Slaine: The King they will find they can never complete it properly. As the printers have neglected to include the back page of that particular Prog which allowed to add your name and record the total of Warp Points you had accumulated in the game. It was page awarded to you from the College of Druidism or something like that. Anyway, Written upside in small letters somewhere on that back page is the solution to which one of the straws Ukko that he was holding was the shortest.

Can any one put up a scan of this page?

Leaving this page out is a big mistake.

No scan, but the short straw was the one on the right.

Judge Brian

Quote from: Judge Brian on 11 October, 2013, 05:26:52 AM
I hope they print volume 9 soon. I think it should collect everything between Grail War & Book of Invasions 1.

Heh. Slaine: King of Beasts will be out in May of 2014. I answer my own questions.

vark

Here is the scan (from back cover of best of 2000 AD #37)! And about Hardcover of Slaine reprints with dusjacket? anyone?

vark

Quote from: vark on 12 October, 2013, 08:36:13 AM
Here is the scan (from back cover of best of 2000 AD #37)! And about Hardcover of Slaine reprints with dusjacket? anyone?

If anyone is interested in high resolution sacn of this page pm me.

vark

I have spotted these two (way overpriced) hardcover reprints of the Horned God today. There are no details in the item descriptions (+ both have a second picture displaying another unrelated book??!!) but I suspect that the first one is indeed an hardcover with dust jacket. I have contacted the seller, but does anyone has some insights about that?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131016853911

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131016822877

vark

And you are gonna think I am pretty obsessive with this (but I like to know my stuff), I have also spotted this for the first Mandarin edition;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-SLAINE-THE-HORNED-GOD-1ST-PRESSING-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION-JUDGE-DREDD-/321223373980?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item4aca67b49c
Is there anyone who can confirm the information that this particular version was "Only Available To Purchase Via 2000AD - This was not available in any shops".
If so, are there any other Pat Mills related book that has been sold as it is (put aside the latest Termight edition of Nemesis of course)?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: vark on 12 October, 2013, 08:36:13 AM

Thanks for that....

Notice the solution written upside down near the bottom. This was missing from the Slaine the King graphic novel both the old and the new.

Quote from: Vark
have spotted these two (way overpriced) hardcover reprints of the Horned God today. There are no details in the item descriptions (+ both have a second picture displaying another unrelated book??!!) but I suspect that the first one is indeed an hardcover with dust jacket. I have contacted the seller, but does anyone has some insights about that?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131016853911

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131016822877

I actually have two of those, but one of them is incomplete and has suspicious looking stains on the inner cover. This one has also been autographed by Simon Bisley and it came with a photo of him signing it.

Quote from: VarkAnd you are gonna think I am pretty obsessive with this (but I like to know my stuff), I have also spotted this for the first Mandarin edition;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-SLAINE-THE-HORNED-GOD-1ST-PRESSING-NEAR-MINT-CONDITION-JUDGE-DREDD-/321223373980?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item4aca67b49c
Is there anyone who can confirm the information that this particular version was "Only Available To Purchase Via 2000AD - This was not available in any shops".
If so, are there any other Pat Mills related book that has been sold as it is (put aside the latest Termight edition of Nemesis of course)?

I'm yet to get this particular version. Not in Madarin, but in English of course.

vark

Thanks for the response ThryllSeekyr.
To sum up my need of information:
In 1993, Mandarin has published the horned god in Hardcover and Softcover + apparently a special edition with another cover and a dust jacket. For myself I have put my hand on the softcover version and the special edition (with a canvas inner cover):

I have also the Hamlyn 1998 hardcover reprint (without dust jacket):

Now I know that the regular hardcover version (with the cauldron cover) comes also with a dust jacket but is it the case for the 1993 edition or the 1998 edition (or both)?

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I thought you meant Mandarin as in language.

Is there a difference between the top and bottom book.

What dust-cover does the yellow book come with?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Mister Pops on 27 October, 2013, 04:17:09 PMSlaine's pose here instantly made me think of this: Angelina Jolie

Have you seen Brad Pitt in the trailer for The Counselor? His hair is like Ukko's....

vark

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 October, 2013, 04:01:32 PM
Oh, I thought you meant Mandarin as in language.

Is there a difference between the top and bottom book.

What dust-cover does the yellow book come with?
And I thought you were joking :P
The yellow one is the inner book of the second picture (it is its dust jacket), and the content of all these books are quite identical.