Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The XXX Files

Started by Dash Decent, 12 April, 2014, 12:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

PsychoGoatee

I think this is a fun idea, thumbs up from me.  :D Dredd isn't afraid of taboo.

8-Ball

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 12 May, 2014, 05:57:09 AM

What I want to know is will my local comic shop sell it in a brown paper bag?  :o
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

James Stacey

Quote from: Eightball on 12 May, 2014, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 12 May, 2014, 05:57:09 AM

What I want to know is will my local comic shop sell it in a brown paper bag?  :o
And if not they should as a gimmick :)

Judge Brian

8-Ball

Quote from: Judge Brian on 18 May, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
What does it reprint?

I second this so much it hurts. I take it that the bulk of the material will be from during my prog interregnum years (1994-2012) when TMO thought he could entice new readers away from their Playstations/retain aging readers by including lots of drawings of lady bumps and limp winkies. ;)

Frank

Judge Dredd: The XXX Files is just a bunch of old Dredd stories which Kev O'Neill has gone over with a magic marker and Tipp-ex, substituting the dialogue in word balloons for crude innuendo and drawing enormous genitalia on all the characters. The Apocalypse WXXX is followed by Steve Dillon's CXXX of the Werewolf; the title of Judge Death Returns is unchanged, but one of the most famous panels in comics history now reads "BACK ONTO the fist of Dredd".

8-Ball

Quote from: sauchie on 18 May, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

Judge Dredd: The XXX Files is just a bunch of old Dredd stories which Kev O'Neill has gone over with a magic marker and Tipp-ex, substituting the dialogue in word balloons for crude innuendo and drawing enormous genitalia on all the characters. The Apocalypse WXXX is followed by Steve Dillon's CXXX of the Werewolf; the title of Judge Death Returns is unchanged, but one of the most famous panels in comics history now reads "BACK ONTO the fist of Dredd".

Don't give IDW any ideas.

Steve Green

Quote from: Eightball on 18 May, 2014, 07:35:15 PM
What does it reprint?

I second this so much it hurts. I take it that the bulk of the material will be from during my prog interregnum years (1994-2012) when TMO thought he could entice new readers away from their Playstations/retain aging readers by including lots of drawings of lady bumps and limp winkies. ;)

At a guess, the Staples story from the Sex issue, with the rampant sex-meks.

The Ezquerra one could be one where a couple buy a sex-mek for their son.

Bisley is probably something from Heavy Metal Dredd.

The rest, I guess more likely Megazine than prog.

AlexF

Perhaps it will includes the pin-ups from the notorious 'femmes fatale' supplement, as if the world of comics needed any more fodder for the all-too-true- 'mainstream comics are for teen boys what treat girls as objects' internet meme going round lately. (Even if the entire conception was undeniably offensive, some of the actual pin-ups within weren't all bad, mind.)

Ian Gibson likely refers to the Bella Bagley tales?
And Carlos could be 'Beyond the call of duty' with DeMarco back when she was a Judge. Pretty sure there was a deram sequence in there involving Dredd's daynightstick.

radiator

QuoteAnd Carlos could be 'Beyond the call of duty' with DeMarco back when she was a Judge.

Nah, the Carlos story has to be 'The Girlfriend'.

Tjm86

Looks like the Sex Olympics stuff might be in there.

Frank

8-Ball

I take it the the cover message: "Justice Department Warning - Not suitable for juves" is tongue-in-cheek. There are grisly deaths in Dredd all the time so it's very odd that the odd exposed nipple or bare buttock should warrant any sort of restriction.

Dash Decent

What does it reprint?

Love Story
Love Story II - Futile Attraction
Love Story III - The End of the Affair
The Great Arsoli
Attack of the Sex-Crazed Love Dolls
Bum Rap
To Die For
Sleaze
Stone Killer
Sex Beast!
Driving Desire
Cheating Drokkers
The Girlfriend
The Marriage Game
Holding On
Crime of Passion
Love Hurts!
(This is not a) Mega City 1 Love Story no.1: Callista
The Sexmek Slasher
The Performer
Tour of Duty: Lust in the Dust
Sex, VI and Vidslugs
Harry Sheemer, Mon Amour
Bonus Thrill! Judge Hershey Naked & Ashamed
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.