Main Menu

WTB RoboHunter Verdus original art

Started by denx, 08 June, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denx

Does anyone have or know of any original comic art from the first Robo-Hunter story Verdus (The Robot Planet).
I have always been a fan and would love to own a piece of Ian Gibsons art.
Thank for your time.

Colin YNWA

If you have no luck here there are a couple of Facebook groups you can try the '2000ad Original Comic Artwork' had an Ian Gibson fortnight recently and it might be worth starting there?

Greg M.

Most of the Robo-Hunter art I've seen seems to be post-Verdus, though I'm sure Verdus stuff is out there. If you can't get any, I can sell you a Day of the Droids page.

Dr Feeley Good

I've always wanted a page from that story but have never seen a page of it for sale anywhere...

Dr Feeley Good

I really don't think you will be able to get a page from it, I just checked on Comicartfans under Ian Gibson, there are 441 pages of his original artwork on there, and not one from Versus, apart from the first cover for it from prog 76,and that is quite badly damaged  :(

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: Greg M. on 08 June, 2018, 08:27:11 PM
Most of the Robo-Hunter art I've seen seems to be post-Verdus, though I'm sure Verdus stuff is out there. If you can't get any, I can sell you a Day of the Droids page.
Just been looking at your gallery Greg, never realised you had all those deadman/Necropolis pages... Superb!!

Greg M.

QuoteJust been looking at your gallery Greg, never realised you had all those deadman/Necropolis pages... Superb!!

Cheers - the focus of my collecting has narrowed considerably, but I still keep an eye out for anything Dead Man related.

Re: Verdus - now you've said it, I can't actually remember seeing any pages from it. I just assumed I must have, given how much Robo-Hunter there is out there.

Dandontdare

From what Ian Gibson said at Lawgiver, his first and second ex-wives own some of his early artwork, specifically the new covers he drew for various reprints, but who knows, maybe they've got Verdus too.

ming

I asked Ian about the Verdus artwork some years back (when I was digging into that whole 'Unholy Grail' thing of his and Mick's); as far as I recall Ian said that the artwork all disappeared, possibly having been returned to Jose Luis Ferrer's agent way back when.  I'll see if I can dig out the emails later...

sheridan

Quote from: ming on 01 August, 2018, 08:31:15 AM
I asked Ian about the Verdus artwork some years back (when I was digging into that whole 'Unholy Grail' thing of his and Mick's); as far as I recall Ian said that the artwork all disappeared, possibly having been returned to Jose Luis Ferrer's agent way back when.  I'll see if I can dig out the emails later...

What's the Unholy Grail thing (whole or otherwise)?

Frank

Quote from: sheridan on 01 August, 2018, 10:13:24 AM
Quote from: ming on 01 August, 2018, 08:31:15 AM

What's the Unholy Grail thing (whole or otherwise)?

An animated feature McMahon & Gibson worked on but was never made. This board went Madge Poltergeist daft for a few weeks.

ming

Trout

Large48

What Progs are we talking about here?
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]