Main Menu

Deadwood movie?

Started by Goaty, 13 August, 2015, 01:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGoatee

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

Link Prime

Goes to show- anything can happen.

Lets hope sooner than later (Ian McShane is now 73).

Bolt-01

Necropost, but how many of you munce-sucking hoople heads are eagerly awaiting the final day of May to go and visit one last time with the residents of Deadwood?

Proudhuff

crocksucker! more info or I'll feed you to the pigs!

I just recently got the entire back catalogue of Deadwood for five quid from a local charity shop  :D
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Oh man! I never did get around to watching Series 3, after hearing some less-than-great things. This is the perfect excuse for a complete re-watch...
@jamesfeistdraws

DaveGYNWA

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 April, 2019, 10:54:20 AM
crocksucker! more info or I'll feed you to the pigs!

I just recently got the entire back catalogue of Deadwood for five quid from a local charity shop  :D

Done much the same myself - though heavens only knows when I'll get around to watching it...

Funt Solo

Season #1 is by far the strongest; #2 is still very good (if you don't go insane listening to Cy Tolliver rant and rave) and #3 is definitely the weakest. 

Given Swearengen's propensity to casually murder his opponents - it's never clear why he doesn't take a more direct swing at the season's nemesis.  The final episode is ultimately unsatisfying
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

Given that the theme of Deadwood is 'order from chaos' I believe that the reason Swearengen didn't arrange a murder for F###in Hearst is a result of both his mellowing over the course of the show and his realisation that it would ultimately gain him nothing but more trouble.

Link Prime

As far as these things go, that was pretty cock-sucking good.
I really wanted to re-watch the entire series before this, but couldn't resist sticking it on the other day.

A nice wrap-up of the Hearst story-line, and some other minor plot threads.
It was great catching up with the camp's inhabitants one more time.

Theblazeuk

I only caught half an hour before I had to leave, but I was very very pleasantly surprised by the 10 year jump and how well everything was established in just a few minutes. Like I'd never left, but the characters had - and now they're back.

BMCCOLL

Just watched the Deadwood 'movie' and liked it very much. Hearst's beating seems to have been airbrushed from history...

Proudhuff

I've went right back to the start... and doing a deadwood slog... then the movie  :D
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Chatting to a pal about this over the weekend - he was massively disappointed.
Couldn't understand why, I mean wtf would you expect after 10 years?

I know that revivals aren't normally that successful (the only other one I can remember legitimately enjoying was Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars), but Deadwood was rock solid; stayed true to the characters, and wrapped up the main outstanding story-line from season 3.
They didn't even have to resort to a digital resurrection of the late Powers Boothe.

moogie101

After the years of rumours I'd somehow missed that this was being made & just stumbled across it when scrolling through Sky on-demand.

After so long I assumed it wouldn't be much good but really enjoyed it.