Main Menu

Webshop updated 22 Aug 2019

Started by 2000ADWebDroid, 22 August, 2019, 04:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ADWebDroid

As part of our on-going work to improve the 2000 AD web shop, we've deployed a significant update to the 2000 AD web shop today, primarily addressing a number of usability issues, especially relating to the management of addresses and payment methods, but we've also tried to make the user interface for checkout clearer and more consistent, which will hopefully make it more straightforward to use. There are also some layout improvements for browsers on mobile devices.

https://shop.2000ad.com/

If you encounter any issues when using the 2000 AD shop, please get in touch with Support here: https://shop.2000ad.com/contact-us

IndigoPrime

Still deeply weird on Apple kit, FWIW. Flickering scrolling on an iPad, and barely usable on a Mac running Safari. (It works fine in Chrome, and so I imagine there's some kind of scripting weirdness going on with your custom scrolling routines.)

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 August, 2019, 04:38:30 PM
Still deeply weird on Apple kit, FWIW. Flickering scrolling on an iPad, and barely usable on a Mac running Safari. (It works fine in Chrome, and so I imagine there's some kind of scripting weirdness going on with your custom scrolling routines.)

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into this further. It would help us to get to the bottom of these issues if you could provide the version number of iOS that you're running on your iPad (and also ideally which model of iPad) and also the Mac OS X / Safari version on your Mac, then we can run some checks against those.

Also are there any particular pages or sections where these problems occur e.g. the product categories carousel perhaps?: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue

Thanks!

Tjm86

There's interesting.  I'm running Safari on a 2012 MacBook pro with catalina beta without any major problems.  Granted its slow but no more so than normal.

IndigoPrime

iPad Pro 11in, iOS 12.4. Home page scrolling is fluid, but the background flickers white. On article pages, the sidebar flickers up and down at speed, which is not especially pleasant.

My Mac's running the latest macOS, bar the current security update (10.14.something). The scrolling is extremely sluggish on the Home page, and not great in individual item pages. The sidebar bounces about weirdly.

Novel indexes are also slow. The morphing animation is a vestibular trigger, too. None of this is new, note – it's been this way since this particular redesign. (I've flagged these issues in the past.)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 August, 2019, 05:18:17 PM
There's interesting.  I'm running Safari on a 2012 MacBook pro with catalina beta without any major problems.  Granted its slow but no more so than normal.
Try it in Chrome. Does that make any difference? For me, that's zippy. Safari's like wading through treacle, by comparison.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 August, 2019, 05:18:17 PM

BTW regarding the slowness of the site, we have some work in the pipeline that should significantly improve the performance (it has done so in testing), but we need to do some more work on the changes before they're ready for releases. Will post an update to this section of the forum when those changes go live.

shaolin_monkey

Any word on when the Biochip Beanie is going to be listed?