Main Menu

2000AD Oct/Nov Art Comp. Mix Master Mashup.

Started by Kerrin, 10 October, 2010, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Great effort Amy - we'll forgive the chain links FAIL this time only!

Kerrin

Hey, great stuff from Amy. Nice idea for a work experience task LARF.

worldshown

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. I was worried I'd be chased off the forum with a pun that bad.

Seriously, the competition could end today and I'd struggle to choose a final three to vote for. The quality is that good already.

Looking forward to seeing the final versions of Flint's ideas, especially the Ace Trucking/Zombo one.

Thing is, what do we do if Amy the work experience girl wins the comp? That's a hell of a first take on Dredd.

Emperor

Quote from: worldshown on 29 October, 2010, 08:04:18 PMThing is, what do we do if Amy the work experience girl wins the comp? That's a hell of a first take on Dredd.

Fear not! As she has included non-2000AD characters her picture is technically ineligible for voting - she probably did this to give everyone else a chance, but I refuse to rule out the idea that his lordship has found a way to get misleading information to her so as to lead her down a blind alley, and leave the way clear for him to romp across the finishing line in triumph. I'd like to remind you that if he PMs you with updates to the competition rules that you let Kerrin and/or myself know. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kerrin

Quote from: Emperor on 29 October, 2010, 08:19:44 PMFear not! As she has included non-2000AD characters her picture is technically ineligible for voting

I know you're merely engaging in japery there Emp' but just to clarify to everyone else, the original brief was crossovers of 2000AD/Meg characters or stories, but, as Woolly's awesome first entry pretty much blew that to tinder, as long as you include one 2000AD character or story then that's cool. Obviously, if you do manage without "foreign" references then you're a jolly decent sort.

Any objections should be made known on this thread. Carry on.

Steven Denton

ummmm, I ran out of time or I would of coloured this

Greg M.

Oh bloody hell, that's a bit good! (He said with typically Scottish understatement.) As for running out of time... Steven, you've got about 23 days till the closing date, you've got plenty of time. (Hold on... want him not to make it even better to give self better chance....) Oh, run out of time, that's a shame!  ;)

El Chivo

Awesome SD
Lovin' Dante n Zombo proppin' up the bar

Dandontdare

That's fantastic Mr Denton - can you link to a zoomable version? I'm sure there's detail in there I'm missing. Who's the stiff with the headwound in the foreground? looks like Nick Stone

Gavin_Leahy_Block

The level of detail in that is amazing, well done, Steven.

Amy's entry is also fantastic and as worldshown said, "That's a hell of a first take on Dredd" epically for 15.  

Emperor

Quote from: Kerrin on 29 October, 2010, 09:09:00 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 29 October, 2010, 08:19:44 PMFear not! As she has included non-2000AD characters her picture is technically ineligible for voting

I know you're merely engaging in japery there Emp

While said in my least stern voice... the remit is "mixed up 2000AD" and involves the meeting of 2000AD characters. We've had to avoid previous contests which involved crossovers between 2000AD characters and those owned by other companies, as this is an official publisher's site and it could get... tricky if this was actively encouraged. I won't be removing entries (unless I'm told to) but people should stick to character's from 2000ad and the Megazine. Sorry about that but it is an issue we've looked at before and decided it is best to avoid what could be a bit of a legal minefield.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Daveycandlish

Sweet Jovus Steven, that's brilliant!

The quality of entries recently makes me embarassed by my own scribblings

Is that Snake Plisskin lying in the foreground or am I just imagining a likeness there?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Steven Denton

Thanks everybody! I may well colour this if I have time before the end of the comp.

Here is a link to the full size version. It's a bit tricky in black and white to see who all the characters in the background are as they are so small, but they are all meant to be some one from 2000ad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9272274@N03/5127603627/sizes/l/in/photostream/

The Snake Pliskin looking guy on the floor is Nick Stone from Meltdown Man.

Greg M.

Is that Tyranny Rex with the tail, behind Robocop's shoulder? I can see Rogue and Venus nearby.