Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

If you did away with the government tomorrow and replaced that with the rule of anarchy, you get an anarchist library with no membership cards, no fines and no reminders, just 'bring it back when you're done with it.' Within a week all the Jeffrey Archer novels go on the bonfire because... ah, never mind - I hear he's litigious. Within a year all the books have been burned because there's no gas for central heating and we've got to keep warm. After a while the anarchist press starts producing its own new books to replace the old ones. Some are typo-filled facsimiles of old books that still exist in a few private collections or are occasionally rescued from the town dump, and others are new products of the anarchist society and become a popular replacement for proper literature.

Society finds that it can run its own affairs quite well without an elected executive telling it what to do. Eventually some people emerge as being really good at planning and organizing and getting things done, and they get put in charge of service provision and by no means everybody is happy about it. Within a few decades the new society has evolved its own bureaucracy led by publicly elected officials. If the people are lucky they get to vote for the members of the newly-emerged politburo every 5 years. If they're unlucky, the executive get jobs for life, in their gift, to pass on to their own decendants.

For some reason I keep picturing scenes from Dr. Zhivago.  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 13 April, 2010, 09:22:42 PM
Quote from: faplad on 13 April, 2010, 08:46:44 PM
I will however agree that there may be a case for saying the Government meddles a little to closely in the minutae of our lives. This is a problem that seems only to be getting worse as time goes on.  I simply think that, in my opinion, a middle ground needs to be found. Anarchy is not the answer.

Will this middle ground be found anytime soon? I doubt it. Not until we get some politicians who understandd that they are elected to serve the population, not Rule it, and given the options available to us, we aint getting them this time around.

I appreciate what you're saying, faplad. However, from my perspective, the system of organised politics is fundamentally and terminally flawed - it's not about getting the right man/ woman for the job.

I refer you back to Shark's metaphor of the ship, earlier in the thread...

[I have had a couple of drinks so i hope i am not rambling or typing too much...]

In my opinion it has never had an opportunity to really prove itself because it has been hijacked by criminal and sociopathic forces right from the word go so  therefore it cant be written off as being unviable.

To understand why i say this you have to understand WHY things are the way they are at present.

I can understand why yourself or anyone else will come to this conclusion if things are taken at face value but its not seeing the whole picture.Its terminally flawed from our perspective but thats because the system has been hijacked and its a sham and i dont have the time or the inclination to type 10,000 or 20,000 words explaining this but i could.

The problem with organised politics has been correctly identified and it is being dealt with.

I believe in the institution of govt in principle if its constitutional and represents the interests of the people and not power elites who control everything from behind the scenes.

I believe in the rule of law and by that i mean common law but i disregard a lot of legislation/ corporate law.

Getting rid of all the NWO/global governance freaks and the Rockerfeller/Rothschild filth and all the rest of them and all of those Club Of Rome/Bilderberg and all of that shadow govt and all of their institutions who are behind all of the problems we face today is the only viable solution to having any kind of future otherwise we will all end up living in a high tech tyrannical feudal system and a cultural/political dystopia of averageness and mankind will never reach its full potential.

Are things getting any better as we get older ?

No they are not as they are getting worse.Everytime we have an election the majority of people have this vague idea that things might improve with a newly elected govt but everytime this doesnt happen and this is because the vast majority havent identified what the problem is.

So if you dont know what the problem is then how can you fix it ?

You cant fix something unless you understand how it works.

Simple common sense.

I already know what the future is if we dont do something about it but the future is not set.

People need to learn about and understand what makes the world go round before they are able to advocate solutions.

I am not trying to disparage your views at all but i am with HOU on this one and Faplad.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 13 April, 2010, 09:53:54 PM
Quote from: faplad on 13 April, 2010, 09:47:49 PM
Still, plenty of time yet.

Maybe we should continue the debate... with alcohol...

:-\

Are you a mind reader as well hoo-Haa, (or is my web cam still on?) I just opened myself a bottle of beer.

House of Usher

I myself head a 'Princeton' with dinner: gin, port and orange bitters!  :D
STRIKE !!!

Colin MacNeil

Here's an idea for everyone. Conscription politics!
Instead of mainly (though not all) self serving "elected" politicians, why not a national lottery akin to jury service where people are conscripted to political office.
Imagine the scene. You pick up your post one morning and...
"Bugger! I'm the chancellor of the exchequer!"
A half-way house between anarchy and "regular" politics?

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 13 April, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
Instead of mainly (though not all) self serving "elected" politicians, why not a national lottery akin to jury service where people are conscripted to political office.

hahahah! Brilliant, I love it! :lol:

And pity the poor Scotsman as he opens his mail, one sleepy-eyed morning, to discover he's Northern Ireland's Home Secretary!

ARGH!  :'(

:lol:

Jared Katooie

That's a brilliant idea Colin!

Roger Godpleton

My solution is that you can join a queue for any position and when it's your turn you get the job no matter how unqualified you are.

However when you are in the job, all the other people in the queue are in a meta-queue to fuck you in the ass bareback. You get to keep the job for as long as you can tolerate being fucked in the ass multiple times a day.

Now aside from the bareback rule it is entirely up to the related parties how they want to deal with things. The incumbent could stop wiping his ass so that his poo goes inside of his opponents body after it travels through the bell end, but does he really want so many fecal blood clots on his conscience? Sure, the fucker can spend all day fucking the incumbent so that he can't buy new schoolteachers, but what happens when HIS child wants to hire more staff?

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

You must have read Solar Lottery by P.K. Dick.

Emperor

Quote from: Garageman on 14 April, 2010, 12:07:05 AM

You must have read Solar Lottery by P.K. Dick.

I think the President of Earth in Legion of Super-Heroes is decided by a big computer, possibly at random but perhaps screening people out for anti-social tendencies (like actually wanting to be a politician). Ah the future, where they have somehow managed to eliminate hacking.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

They will never eliminate fucking though.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Down, boy.

I remember Armando Ianucci did an amusing skit where a trio of elderly women were reminiscing about the war, and they all had to take a turn in Churchill's wartime cabinet as their contribution to the war effort.
STRIKE !!!

Dudley

http://voteforpolicies.org.uk/ is a great site that enables you to choose between the parties by a direct blind comparison of policies.  No personalities, no marketing, just the actual promises.

Really useful for me - I'm 45% Green, 22% Labour, which I'd have guessed, but I'd never have thought I'd side with the Tories in 2 major policy areas.  Still, thank goodness I am 100% free of BNP/UKIP sympathies.  Sadly, it doesn't include the major nationalist parties or Northern Irish parties yet.

Dandontdare

I've bought myself a new 10 foot pole, specifically so I can NOT touch this thread with it.

Has anyone made a Hiltler comparison yet?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 April, 2010, 11:15:28 AM
I've bought myself a new 10 foot pole, specifically so I can NOT touch this thread with it.

Fascist!

QuoteHas anyone made a Hiltler comparison yet?

Will that one do?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.