Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 November, 2018, 02:24:32 PM
i assume stront 4 is the rest of vol 3 of the agency files not yet collected

The page count doesn't really allow for that! Very interested to see what's in it, though.

Slavers of Drule - 51 pages
Max Bubba - 107 pages
Smiley's World - 9 pages
Rage - 107 pages

That's a page count of 274, which is larger than the format allows for even before the title pages and customary essay. So it'll either be a slimmish volume of 167 (up to the end of Smiley's World) or Rage split in half and carried over to the next volume.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 November, 2018, 02:44:49 PM
Very interested to see what's in it, though.
"originally serialised in: 425-434, 445-465, 466-467, 469-480"
Slavers of Drule, The Ragnarok Job, Rage (part 1) are the title pages. Last page says 'continued in vol5'

Where do Smiley's World & Max Bubba fit? Are they subchapters of Ragnarok?

Dark Jimbo

Thanks Tomwe! That's my speculation addressed - they've split Rage into two, which is probably not a bad way to do it, depending on where the split is.

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 November, 2018, 02:54:22 PM
"originally serialised in: 425-434, 445-465, 466-467, 469-480"
Slavers of Drule, The Ragnarok Job, Rage (part 1) are the title pages. Last page says 'continued in vol5'

Where do Smiley's World & Max Bubba fit? Are they subchapters of Ragnarok?

'Max Bubba' is just an alternative name for 'The Ragnarok Job'. Smiley's World is from progs 466-467 - sometimes it's run as a separate story, sometimes simply as the end of Ragnarok Job - as it seems to be here.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 November, 2018, 03:04:00 PM
Thanks Tomwe! That's my speculation addressed - they've split Rage into two, which is probably not a bad way to do it, depending on where the split is.
Does that help? Means nothing to me out of context - haven't read it yet!

TordelBack

Other way round, isn't it? Max Bubba is the original name (a factoid I believe I learnt from ColinYNWA), Ragnarok Job is what we tend to call it these days.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 November, 2018, 03:08:19 PM
Does that help? Means nothing to me out of context - haven't read it yet!

Hard to say much without going into spoiler territory, but yeah, that's not a bad place to break it.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

A quick bit of space-maths based on the known contents of vol 4 means we pretty much know how the rest will be split - vol 5 Incident on Mayjer Minor, Warzone and Bitch for a page count of 231; vol 6 Royal Affair, Sorry Case, Rammy, Stone Killers and Incident on Zeta for 170; and No-Go Job and Final Solution in vol 7 for a page count of 195.
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Moogie101 was it easy getting them to update your order to be up to date with Hatchett via Facebook ?

moogie101

Quote from: moly on 20 November, 2018, 04:06:28 PM
Moogie101 was it easy getting them to update your order to be up to date with Hatchett via Facebook ?

Ridiculously do.

Just sent a polite message saying I was loving the books but frustrated at being behind customers buying in stores and asked if I could pay double one month to bring myself upto date.

About a day later I got a reply saying it was done

moly

IndigoPrime

Luck of the draw on this, note. I asked the same a while back and was told no. Someone else asked the same, and basically threatened to stop subscribing, and was told "OK then". (When I tried the same, I was still told no.)

moly

Tjm86

You know, the more I dip in and out of this thread, the more I'm glad I decided to miss this collection.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 November, 2018, 05:39:26 PM
You know, the more I dip in and out of this thread, the more I'm glad I decided to miss this collection.

I just buy mine from the newsagents!
@jamesfeistdraws

Arkady

*deep breath*

Has anyone else found that their Vol 31 spine doesn't match up properly with Vol 32 (Horned God)? Vols 29-31 are perfect, but the collection catches up with Issue 1 on the shelf and it doesn't fit! I might wait for Vol 33 before I complain. It's at least as bad as that earlier volume that didn't match.