Main Menu

Meg 402 - All Along the Watchtower...

Started by Richard, 17 November, 2018, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geronimo

Not since I was a mere nipper gazing for ages at the O'Neill droids work on Nemesis have I poured over comic pages for so long in awe at the level of imagination and detail. :o
Phil Winslade, I salute you, that is classic comics indeed.

CalHab

Quote from: DrJomster on 22 November, 2018, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: wedgeski on 22 November, 2018, 09:14:21 AM
I honestly don't know how those huge Lawless frames make any sense visually, but they do, and it's wonderful.

They're particularly good on the digital prog where you can zoom in on the detail and zoom out for the insanely massive scale of it all!

I do love my paper prog/meg, but that sounds great. Why don't they offer a dual subscription?

M.I.K.

Quote from: James Stacey on 23 November, 2018, 12:58:03 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 21 November, 2018, 10:22:55 PM
Has anyone else got a copy of the Meg with a bunch of the back pages mangled and big chunks of the corners torn off?  It was sealed in a bag and there's nothing wrong with the Carlos tribute floppy that was in front of it, so I presume it happened at the printers and just wondered if it was a one-off.
mine had a chunk out of the side of it before packaging by the look of it

...and the tribute floppy with mine has a small tear at the bottom of the first few pages. Definitely something gone wrong somewhere.

Link Prime

Quote from: M.I.K. on 27 November, 2018, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 23 November, 2018, 12:58:03 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 21 November, 2018, 10:22:55 PM
Has anyone else got a copy of the Meg with a bunch of the back pages mangled and big chunks of the corners torn off?  It was sealed in a bag and there's nothing wrong with the Carlos tribute floppy that was in front of it, so I presume it happened at the printers and just wondered if it was a one-off.
mine had a chunk out of the side of it before packaging by the look of it

...and the tribute floppy with mine has a small tear at the bottom of the first few pages. Definitely something gone wrong somewhere.

The infamous jagged edge effect,  innit?

sheridan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 20 November, 2018, 02:04:23 PM
Grand story in Dredd this month- but surely everything pales in light of Lawless...

Must have watched too much TV to get square eyes like that ;-)

Fungus

Quote from: DrJomster on 22 November, 2018, 11:10:08 PM
Quote from: wedgeski on 22 November, 2018, 09:14:21 AM
I honestly don't know how those huge Lawless frames make any sense visually, but they do, and it's wonderful.

They're particularly good on the digital prog where you can zoom in on the detail and zoom out for the insanely massive scale of it all!

Even speaking as a digital reader, paper has an answer for that?  :eh:  :thumbsup:
In fact, the full wraparound cover is hidden, digitally. That was a bummer.

You take Lawless out of the Meg and it's slim pickings, for me. Though Broxton's art is nice. Thank Grud for Phil Winslade... glorious.