Main Menu

***SPOILERS*** Indy 4 title revealed

Started by ukdane, 10 September, 2007, 08:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

paulvonscott

Ah, I love anything with crystal skulls in.  

Don't spoil it Lucas!

Art

If the title is a spoiler that's a little bit of poor planning on their part. I doubt very much I;d be abl to get into the cinema withpout being tipped off to the presence of some kind of kingdom and maybe a crystal skull as well.

pauljholden

ARGH! Indy's in it?! What about a spoiler alert for that you foool!!??!

-pj

I, Cosh

What a shit title.

And PVS, do you include that dire Alan Grant Dredd story?
We never really die.

Art

"Indiana Jones and he isn't in it" would have been quite a suprising title.

paulvonscott

Buddy

I'd heard this rumoured before, not sure about the Kingdom bit... Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull is less of a mouthfull.

Looking forward to this, only put off by the introduction of his son.. Karen Allen is looking very well in the publicity shots and anything with Ray Winstone in it is worth a watch.

Buttonman

From IMDb

"Shia LaBeouf, who costars in the next Indiana Jones sequel, revealed the title of the movie during his appearance at Sunday night's MTV Video Awards festivities. Although telling the audience that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas had sworn him to secrecy about the title, LaBeouf remarked, "We're in Vegas, baby, so here it goes." He said that Spielberg and Lucas had decided on Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as the title. That title was one of five registered by Lucasfilm with the MPAA last month. Others included ...The Lost City of Gold, ...The City of Gods, ...The Fourth Corner of the World, and The Quest for the Covenant."

All those sound rubbish. They should've called it ' Keep your hat on Indiana Jones'.

paulvonscott

Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark is less of a mouthfull too.  For some reason I used to get annoyed when anyone called the movie Indiana Jones when I was a kid.

I think you have to say it, to appreciate that slightly wordy yet adventure full promise.

I like it.

No high hopes on the film.  But we'll see.

Buddy

The Quest for the Covenant had my hopes up.

Story of cold war Russia had nicked the Ark and old Indy has to go and get it back.

Thought this would have had a nice 'full circle' feel to it where we bring back Indy to where we first met him.

A nice end to the series and all that.

I've also heard (but am insure of just how much truth is in this) that more films are planned with his sons character with Ford making only guest appearances in a few (not all) of them.

I think city of the gods was the Roswell type story that had been bandied about some years ago.

Fourth Corner of the World sounds like a Pirates of the Carribean (sp?) flick.

TordelBack

Despite myself, I'm getting excited.  And I just know I'm going to be disappointed.  

That, and the odd personal synchronicities accruing around this movie...

Last Crusade was the first movie my good woman and I saw after we started going out.  Due to an annoying third wheel that came along we actually watched it.  

Crystal Skull is being released 19 years after Crusade on the same weekend (as were all the Star Wars movies).  

This is the same weekend next year that I will (hopefully) be getting married to the same woman I watched Last Crusade with.  

Add this to the fact that I met the lady in question on an archaeological dig, which she had been inspired to work on due to an obsessive love of Raiders (and Mr. Ford), and it looks like my fate is somewhat entwined with this movie.

You just know it'll be a stinker, a judgement visited on my life.

JOE SOAP

I prefer the other title... Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds.

I thought the new story concerned that place/warehouse where they put the Ark into storage at the end of Raiders.

The Monarch

indiana jones and the snakes and ladders

gets the indy fans and the board game fans

SamuelAWilkinson

Indiana Jones and the Time Team of Tony Robinson?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.