Main Menu

JUDGE DEATH by Darkhorse Comics' Guy Davis

Started by +rufus+, 20 March, 2005, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Guy Davis, the art ninja responsible for the BPRD miniseries, The Marquis and Sandman Mystery Theatre sent me this Judge Death Illo.
  I'd love to see him doing some covers for 2000AD. It'd be good to steal one of their artists for a change!
I've posted a couple of his other sketches up at www.comicartfans.com, a great site. Check ot the galleries, there's some great stuff.
:-) Rufushttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/GD_Judge_Death_Small.jpg">

Art

Oooh. That's pretty damn nice.

I'm loving his art on BRPD, despite it being about as far from Mignolas as you could ever possibly get.

+rufus+

Hey art,
 I'm really enjoying the BPRD stuff too. I think his style works really well with Mignola's very simple storytelling, He's got a really gritty dark approach, slightly cartoony as well, which has brought out a bit more humour in characters like Roger.
 Check out the Dredd he did on my gallery page at Comicartfans.com
Rufus

The Amstor Computer

Heh.. very cool. Like Art, I'm really enjoying his art on "The Dead" & I think the world of difference between his style and Mignola's is key - you're not spending all of your time thinking, "Well, Mignola would have handled that better..."

Rob1971

Hi Rufus

That's great - best Death I've seen for a while. Love Guy Davis' stuff on BPRD.

Rob

+rufus+

Ah Mr W! Guy's doing some great stuff, and is really up for trying his hand on some 2000AD stuff. Hear's hoping Tharg's minions are listening...
:-) Rufus

Jared Katooie

That's great stuff Rufus! Thanks for showing us.

I love the way he tried a different look for Death. A changing appearance seems fitting for a wierd character like him.

Bolt-01

That looks fantastic. Guy Davis would be a real treat in the prog.

Bolt-01

johnnystress

That's damn good!

I would love to see Berni Wrightsons' take on Judge Death

Link: http://www.kamikazebrothers.com/images/bw%20frankenstein.gif" target="_blank">Wrightsons' Frankenstein

Richmond Clements

Didn't Wrightson illustrate some of the dark Tower books?

Art

Guy Davis would be a real treat in the prog.

Definately an artist that would need the right script though.

ming

I would love to see Berni Wrightsons' take on Judge Death

Me too!  And Gary Gianni, and John Watkiss (at least, from what I remember of 'Last Kiss'...) for that matter.

http://www.garygianni.com/images/20k/20k_gallery_cover.jpg">

+rufus+

I used to work with John Watkiss at an Animation studio in Soho. He taught us life drawing, and advanced alcohol appreciation/abuse. He was doing layouts and boards on Coppola's now defunct pitch on  a Pinochio remake.(Really.) I've got a great picture he did of Ming the Merciless somewhere. i'll dig it out and post it ASAP.
 I think Guy Davis would be great on a story like the recent 'Nosferatu' story in Dredd.
 I'd like to see Paul Pope's take on 2000ad as well.
:-) Rufus

ming

Heh.  Sounds like it might be time for me to get a new icon, Rufus :-)