Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

COMMANDO FORCES

Walter Swinburn jockey who rode Shergar aged 55

Tony Angelino

Not sure if this has already been posted but I'm sure many people on the forum will remember John Gillat's art if not his name which was new to me.

Found this on Steve Holland's website which is worth a read if you haven't seen it. He also reprints some old British comics from time to time. He is like a DC Thomson variant of David McDonald.

https://bearalley.blogspot.co.uk/

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Spikes on 12 December, 2016, 07:58:40 PM
AA Gill slagged off my hometown. But I lost no sleep over it.
Didn't he once shoot a Baboon?

He did, purely to see 'what it feels like to kill someone'.  I won't miss him too much
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

The inventor of a life-saving technique to stop people dying of choking, Henry Heimlich, has died at the age of 96.

Dandontdare

I wonder just how many lives he saved? It must be tens, if not hundreds of thousands. Nowadays if someone is choking, there's always someone who knows the Heimnlich manoevre, but in the past people would just panic or slap them on the back and watch them die before an ambulance could arrive.

A true hero

rogue69

Zsa Zsa Gabor aged99

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 December, 2016, 11:44:09 PM
I wonder just how many lives he saved? It must be tens, if not hundreds of thousands. Nowadays if someone is choking, there's always someone who knows the Heimnlich manoevre, but in the past people would just panic or slap them on the back and watch them die before an ambulance could arrive.

A true hero

My teacher did it to a boy choking on a sweet when I was about 12. Problem solved immediately
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Grugz

rick parfitt of the quo...c'mon god gives us a break!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

auxlen

Me mum is proper devastated on the Rick from the Quo... about the same if this year takes my princess from me!

JayzusB.Christ

For fuck's sake, 2016, let us keep Princess Leia, please.

SIP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 24 December, 2016, 07:07:22 PM
For fuck's sake, 2016, let us keep Princess Leia, please.

30 minutes cpr just to get a pulse does not fill me with much optimism.

Tony Angelino

I suppose if she was on a plane at the time they would have been able to get the cpr started almost straight away and that will have given her a chance.

No mention of a defibrillator. I wonder do they carry them on planes?

CrazyFoxMachine

All this Carrie speculation is a bit ghoulish fellas, eh what? I know we're concerned but until we learn anything more all this fretting is just getting us in a tizz and feels needlessly morbid. We hope for the best, she's a great egg and has been a shining star this year pootling around being fantastically frank with her lovely dog.

Although I knew Parfitt was gravely ill this caught me off-guard. Status Quo were cheap and cheerful but nicely unpretentious and when I saw them just a few years ago at Glastonbury (and you can even see me in the BBC footage :O ) they played a few songs and went "that was a medley, not that you'd notice!"  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 December, 2016, 10:49:28 PM
All this Carrie speculation is a bit ghoulish fellas, eh what? I know we're concerned but until we learn anything more all this fretting is just getting us in a tizz and feels needlessly morbid. We hope for the best, she's a great egg and has been a shining star this year pootling around being fantastically frank with her lovely dog.

Fair point. It truly is brilliant to see her back on the scene these days and I hope she's having the best Christmas she can.