Main Menu

Best And Worst TV Series Endings

Started by GrinningChimera, 23 December, 2013, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

If we're talking videogame endings now for some reason, I'll throw in The Last Of Us' jaw-droppingly Marmite final scene that adhered to the game narrative's central themes of trust and survivor's guilt, if only for the anger it would go on to instill in those expecting a big fight and some explosions and then saving the girl and curing the disease and saving the day forever - as arguably you do absolutely none of these things.

Devons Daddy

Best ending

surely LIFE ON MARS has to rank amongst them,
and Breaking Bad did it for me,

in fact BB ended in a very satisfying manner.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Proteus4

best endings - Quantum Leap, The Prisoner, Babylon 5, The Next Generation, Cheers

worst endings - lost, Dexter, x files, dexter, community (wait, its back again...?), oh and Dexter.

Did i mention before that Dexter might be the worst ending of a tv show EVER!  The whole last season is a total fucking mess, and the season before it was only marginally better.  Given the euphoric highs of the trinity Killer and Doomsday Killer, it was such a catastophoc low.

Dave:)
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Bobblehead

I'd also like to mention Dexter for worst ending. I absolutely loved that show and even though the final season wasn't the un-watchable mess people had led me to believe (I quite liked it) when i was watching the final episode I was thinking at the time that it must have been written by someone who's never even watched the show especially after the utterly callous way they killed off [spoiler] Deb[/spoiler]. I could go on but I'd just rage  :lol:

Tjm86

Best:  M*A*S*H

Worst:  all covered above.

zombemybabynow

Boss starring kelsey grammer is the best programme i've ever seen or am likely to see - unfortunately it got cancelled so.....  seriously check it out if you're not aware of it

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

JayzusB.Christ

Breaking Bad probably wins it for me.  My other favourite drama series, Twin Peaks, was a bit of a let-down (though most of the second series was a bit iffy).  Is it really coming back?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 August, 2014, 10:58:37 AM
Best:  M*A*S*H

Worst:  all covered above.

M*A*S*H should be brought back as children cartoon about alien who have replaced all the main characters from the original television.

It was a idea I got from the cover photo on the front of the official novelisation of movie that gave birth to the  same television series. It looks like thing with female legs and the rest of it is a hand.

I tried so hard to recreate this in the game called Spore and looking back at the cover picture there. I've only just realised I go the legs round the wrong way. Mine were facing forward with the palm of the hand, but I was only going by memory back then.

I used the in game creature-creator to make creatures that looked like that hand thing and thought I was spot on in my recreation at that time. I decided to make those things because I couldn't do humans very well in the game and everyone of creatures look the same, so I most definitely couldn't do any fo the characters. Although I did Maxwell Clinger wearing his trade mark blue dressing gown and fluffy pink slippers on hang glider as the religious flying machine. I also tried hard to recreate the M*A*S*H - 4077 outfit using the buildings creator. I thought my recreation of the The Swamp to be very well detailed. I also wanted to make The Swamp into the U.F.O., but that became something that could only be described to be the Yankee-Doodle-Doctor.

I'm not even sure if I had still have any of those on my SPORE account page. I can only find the helicopter I did....

And it's the only M*A*S*H I did that didn't turn out so well and yet it's the only one that I didn't lose.

I also did the army truck. Yet the hand-thing with female legs is lost to me forever. However I did find that someone had stolen it. So I stole it back and tried to reverse engineer it, but that just wasn't happening. It had been evolved I could only remove it's clothing.

I can't even find it now. Most of my stuff has between deleted from the Sporepedia.

My name is Fungusmonster on the official Spore website.

Sorry, I don't have any best/bad-endings......only the ending to the Seinfeld series comes to mind. Not that bad really or best either.

BTW I have the official Hawkeye Pierce action figure as a past purchase from Ebay....

He sits in the bottom half of the official Mork and Mindy - Egg-Ship....

The only part of it I can still find. I'm very sorry about losing that action figure and my much sort after Evel Knievel Figure, Stunt Cycle & Power Launcher, and Six-Million-Dollar-Man-Doll-With-Space-Capsule. (I still have that doll, but none of the accessories or his trade-mark red track-suit  :( :-[ :( )

My apologies if you think that is creepy and disrespectful to both actors and further condolences towards Robin "Mork" Williams and rest in peace.

TordelBack

You had me at 'official Hawkeye Pierce action figure'.  Oh to live so long as to see such sights!

Please tell me he came with a little cocktail glass accessory. 

EDIT: Having googled and found this:

...my eyes are wet with tears of joy and my MASH-obssessed wife's birthday and Christmas presents are sorted for the next few years.  Not only do they exist but they are so bloody good.  I'm going to work on plans for a little 3 3/4" billet tent now.  Obviously I will have to live with the knowledge that there will never be a Radar, a Major Burns, Colonel Potter, Kilnger or a Trapper John, but hey, life is pain, princess.

Thank you Thryllseekyr, you have, yet again, made my day.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 August, 2014, 06:09:07 PM
You had me at 'official Hawkeye Pierce action figure'.  Oh to live so long as to see such sights!

Please tell me he came with a little cocktail glass accessory. 

EDIT: Having googled and found this:

...my eyes are wet with tears of joy and my MASH-obssessed wife's birthday and Christmas presents are sorted for the next few years.  I'm going to work on plans for a little 3 3/4" billet tent now.  Obviously I will have to live with the knowledge that there will never be a Radar, a Major Burns, Colonel Potter, Kilnger or a Trapper John, but hey, life is pain, princess.

Thank you Thryllseekyr, you have, yet again, made my day.

Should have, but didn't. He arrived in a little plastic bag.

Have you seen some of the interesting M*A*S*H episodic novels. They look like classics reads. Maybe like those two-dollar westerns. I want those as belated father's day gifts for my father.

Even though he never watches the reruns on the Fox-Network. I watch them sometimes and was watching them regularly while trying to use it as a theme for Spore.

TordelBack

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 August, 2014, 06:19:17 PM
Even though he never watches the reruns on the Fox-Network. I watch them sometimes and was watching them regularly while trying to use it as a theme for Spore.

We have the entire thing on DVD.  The entire thing.

EDIT: It gets better.  There is a (vanilla) Klinger and a Col. Potter too!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Official Hawkeye Pierce Action Figure on 13 August, 2014, 06:41:04 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 August, 2014, 06:19:17 PM

We have the entire thing on DVD.  The entire thing.

EDIT: It gets better.  There is a (vanilla) Klinger and a Col. Potter too!

So does my older brother and his family...I mean they have the entire box-set. You know it was filmed at a in ranch in Malibu (Technically, this is a western.) and if was in it's proper setting. Then it might have wet steamy jungle.

I just remembered I made U.F.O. One was based on a regular Army-Helmet and the other Henry Blake's Fishing-Hat...you know with all the lures attached to it.....

Yep, I made those into U.F.O.s, because I couldn't think of anything else and I wanted a M*A*S*H - Theme. I know I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel with some of my ideas.