Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

they....wouldn't include crusade.....would they?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: The Monarch on 13 June, 2017, 04:12:40 PM
they....wouldn't include crusade.....would they?

Shush! shush! Nothing to see here....

EDazzling

Issue 66 is on the website. Titled simply "Missionary Man"

Credits on Behind The Iron Curtain are Millar, Wyatt, Yeowell, Dobbyn, Holden & Marshall, so looking at Barney that gives us Red Razors and at least 2/3rds of Samizdat Squad.

EDIT: It'll be a fat one, but all 6 RR/SS stories should fit.

EDazzling

The Hunting Party:
The Pack
The Hunting Party
Lost in Americana
Fog on the Eerie
Dance of the Spider Queen
Camp Demento
Shark Country
Trail of the Man-Eaters
Ratfink

Beyond The Iron Curtain:
Red Razors
Red Razors: The Secret Origin of Comrade Ed
Red Razors: Doctor's Orders
Red Razors: The Hunt for Red Razors
Samizdat Squad: Black Flowers
Samizdat Squad: Red Skies
Samizdat Squad: Grey Zone

IndigoPrime

Hunting Party: hurrah! Red Razors a go go: hurroo. The first story's OK, but the rest is filed in my "didn't need to see this ever again, thanks" list. I can't remember a thing about Samizdat Squad, and so I hope that holds up.

Smith

IndigoPrime

The fact I can't remember a thing about it doesn't bode well, but I'm hoping it'll at least life that book a bit. (I really don't understand some of the choices made for the collection. It feels like a really solid 60- or 70-book collection suddenly had to stretch a bit, and the holes have been filled with filler and dross. Fortunately, the latter is a smallish amount.)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 June, 2017, 11:46:22 AM
The fact I can't remember a thing about it doesn't bode well, but I'm hoping it'll at least life that book a bit. (I really don't understand some of the choices made for the collection. It feels like a really solid 60- or 70-book collection suddenly had to stretch a bit, and the holes have been filled with filler and dross. Fortunately, the latter is a smallish amount.)

I know! Nobody gets to enjoy Kenny Who? - but someone's gone to the trouble to scan and prep Sleeze N Ryder for a reprint?!
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Rebellion have their own Kenny Who? collection.

I can't imagine they were going to publish an S+R collection any time soon, and allows them to fill out the collection without cannibalising their own collections further.

Timothy

Speaking of cannibals - no Alabamy Blimps in the Hunting Party collection??

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 June, 2017, 03:12:00 PMRebellion have their own Kenny Who? collection.
Well, they have a Kenny Who? titled book, but it's basically a Cam Kennedy collection, and it's out of print. Omitting Kenny Who the strips entirely is the issue, really. As for cannibalisation, that ship sailed the second the Hachette artwork started.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 June, 2017, 03:12:00 PM
Rebellion have their own Kenny Who? collection.

Huh? They have a PJ Maybe book, too; a Brothers of the Blood book; a Trifecta book, Simping Detective, Fatties, not to mention the Mega-Epics. If that was an issue the partwork could never have happened!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Scratch that, I think I misunderstood what you meant!
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 June, 2017, 03:27:03 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 19 June, 2017, 03:12:00 PMRebellion have their own Kenny Who? collection.
Well, they have a Kenny Who? titled book, but it's basically a Cam Kennedy collection, and it's out of print. Omitting Kenny Who the strips entirely is the issue, really. As for cannibalisation, that ship sailed the second the Hachette artwork started.

Maybe a b/w vs colour thing then.

I haven't been keeping much of an eye on the Mega Collection, so don't know if one-offs from Mick like Monkey Business at Charles Darwin Block, Christmas comes to Des O Connor, Minty, Uncle Ump etc. have been collected either.

Strangely there are colour versions of at least some of these, in the old Fleetway editions, some I believe hand coloured by John Burns.

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 June, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
I know! Nobody gets to enjoy Kenny Who? - but someone's gone to the trouble to scan and prep Sleeze N Ryder for a reprint?!
I'm still hoping the omissions from the JDMC will be covered in the 2000AD Ultimate Collection. Like, a first year of Dredd or whatever. Robot Wars.