Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 26 December, 2019, 05:52:10 PM
Quotewe go back to the beginnings of the Judge system in new series "Dreadnoughts."

This new story in the March meg sounds interesting

Yeah, I was wondering about that one - wonder who the creative team will be?  Presumably ties in with Michael Carroll's series of Judges novels (as in Mike is editor if not writer of all the stories).

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 26 December, 2019, 10:41:14 PM
Quote from: MumboJimbo on 26 December, 2019, 05:52:10 PM
Quotewe go back to the beginnings of the Judge system in new series "Dreadnoughts."

This new story in the March meg sounds interesting

Yeah, I was wondering about that one - wonder who the creative team will be?  Presumably ties in with Michael Carroll's series of Judges novels (as in Mike is editor if not writer of all the stories).

More info: https://doomrocket.com/5-things-michael-carroll-john-higgins-dreadnaughts-breaking-ground/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Have I missed any announcements regarding a new collected volume of Jaeger? Really looking forward to that.

broodblik

Some images from Patrick Goddard's twitter feed related to the Aquila, coming to the prog soon:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

That armours looking a bit non-European to me - either Chinese or Japanese (not an armour expert).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 04 January, 2020, 10:39:52 AM
That armours looking a bit non-European to me - either Chinese or Japanese (not an armour expert).

I think it's pretty standard Roman stuff, TBH.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tombo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 January, 2020, 11:06:42 AM

Yep, lorica segmentata* pretty common in the late Republic era I believe

*not the name used by the Romans, it's a later designation used by historians.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tombo on 04 January, 2020, 11:21:46 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 January, 2020, 11:06:42 AM

Yep, lorica segmentata* pretty common in the late Republic era I believe

*not the name used by the Romans, it's a later designation used by historians.

Its more early empire and came into being around end BC early AD. Prior to that it was more chain mail. In an actual army you'd have seen great variety in armour but this type became prominent around 30 - 40ad I seem to recall.

I seem to recall Aquilla was originally based in Boudican times around 60ad (62 for your actual rebellion if you ask me) so the armour is pretty much spot on... with my limited knowledge based on reading far too many popular history books about romans!

Edited to add - blooming lovely art by the way.

Mardroid

Yeah definitely legitimately Roman. I've seen similar before.

I think I see why Sheridan saw a Japanese influence though. Something to do with the prominent shoulder pieces, I think.

Also not an armour expert.

Max Headroom

If Mr Keith Richardson, our esteemed graphic novels editor, is reading this - please could we have a complete run-down of 2020's trade paperback and hardcover releases? (I've seen bits and pieces but the definitive list would be helpful).
Thank you.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Max Headroom on 12 January, 2020, 04:12:53 PM
If Mr Keith Richardson, our esteemed graphic novels editor, is reading this - please could we have a complete run-down of 2020's trade paperback and hardcover releases? (I've seen bits and pieces but the definitive list would be helpful).
Thank you.

https://2000ad.com/news/welcome-to-the-future-2000-ad-unveils-its-graphic-novels-for-2020/
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dash Decent

We've (dis)covered 90%+ of that list already.  That's pretty good going.

Way to go, us!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Death Squad, paperback, 128 pages, 6 August 2020.

If this doesn't leap immediately onto your want list then there is something wrong with you.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Oh excellent - the more Battle the better, but where is The Sarge?

Apestrife

Anyone knows which megazine will come bagged with the Pj Maybe floppy?