Main Menu

A big hello from your next door neighbor.

Started by Spicy Biscuit, 15 October, 2012, 01:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spicy Biscuit

My goodness, first off a big thank you for the admin for finally approving my registration.
That wait was brutal, but I guess nothing is worse than a horde of spammers.

As the title suggests, a warm greetings from the emerald isle and a thank you to my bigger cousin for producing my new favourite comic. I've only gotten into the medium in the past year or two (mostly lurking the big 2 and a few indie comics here and there) but I never got a chance to fully jump in to 2000AD (despite knowing about it for a good decade) until the movie rolled around and finally pushed me into the deep end, and I'm quite enjoying myself.

Hope to get to know you all a lot better over the coming years. I raise my cup of coffee to you.

Cheers.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Spicy Biscuit :wave:

Have fun catching up over the last few decades!

TordelBack

Weclome, Spicy Biscuit.  Plenty of us paddies on here, just tug the forelock every now and again and say 'I'm after doing out the presses, sor',  and they tend to keep the pogroms to a minimum. 

Spicy Biscuit

Ha, I'll keep that in mind TordelBack.

And thank you Commando, I'm feeling a tug of interest towards Nemesis so I'll most likely start there. The reprints look sleek. A toast to the higher-ups for that decision.

Colin YNWA

Nemesis is indeed the stuff of magic and wonder. One of the all time greats. Which ever way whim and whimsy takes you have fun and welcome aboard.

Spikes

Now then Spicy Biscuit, and welcome to, and enjoy, the forum  :wave:

Cursed Earth Dweller

Hehe looks like you and I are on the same boat as I have only just started reading the 2000ad reprints although I've made a fare start with Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog, welcome aboard!

Incidentally, I just got my starting copies of Rogue Trooper and Nemesis. RT is fun action sci-fi but Nemesis looks batshit insane on an epic scale.

maryanddavid

Spicy Biscuit

Quote from: Cursed Earth Dweller on 15 October, 2012, 11:16:19 PM
Nemesis looks batshit insane on an epic scale.

It truly does. The artsyle alone is really captivating and humourous. It reminds me of my ancient Warhammer 40K days back in 3rd/4th Edition. I'll be heading into my LCS on Wednesday, hopefully they have a copy of the first volume.

Thanks to everyone above for the warm welcomes.

Aonghus