Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sheridan on 24 May, 2017, 10:26:30 AM
Yep - Judge Dredd 1995 almost killed 2000AD

It was more IPC/Egmont who almost did that by spending money on a revamp and putting the price up by 25%. The film actually brought in some interest and boosted sales for a few months before it fell back to normal. Lawman of the Future sold well too – 1st issue shifted 80,000 copies- before it, like the film, ran out of steam.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 May, 2017, 09:07:04 PM
I just had the weirdest thought.

Sylvester Stallone as Judge Minty...?

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 May, 2017, 09:34:29 AM
I would suggest that Stallone's negative association with the properity means emphatically no.

I like a lot of Stallone movies, but personally, I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Judge Dredd production-he had his chance in '95 and blew it!

Quote from: SIP on 24 May, 2017, 07:14:43 AM
I love sly, despite the 1995 film (which I can take as a mid 90's action film if not a dredd film). The problem with him appearing would be people's apparent dislike of the 95 film, which could lead to loss of viewers on any future sly related dredd appearances.

You're all missing a golden opportunity – Stallone would make an ideal Fergee.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ABCwarBOT

Rusty

The Legendary Shark

There has to be a band named Chief Judge Fargo's Bogie as well...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

GrudgeJohnDeed

So excited for this! I hope they don't hold back on the extremes of Dredd's world. An opinion formed as a kid that I still have is that megacity one is simultaneously the scariest, cruelest, grimmest place but also exciting, salacious and even fun! Hoping for an 18 cert then!

I wonder what channel/service it'll be on, seems like its going ahead regardless?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 30 May, 2017, 04:03:00 PM
I wonder what channel/service it'll be on, seems like its going ahead regardless?

I sincerely doubt that they're going to make a dozen multi-million dollar episodes before they have a confirmed deal on who will be showing it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dweezil2

Selfishly. I'm hoping Netflix as it's the only streaming site I subscribe to and I don't really fancy shelling out for another, unless I really have to!

What streaming sites do distributers IM Global have past experience with?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

GrudgeJohnDeed

yeah I thought that too Jim, it reminded me of a bit on the darkplace dvd extras hehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6ufGzlcwk&t=160

but it just seems really strange they haven't said which service it'll be aired on, that the carrier themselves aren't talking about it

I hope Netflix too, its a good fit but I wonder if thatd be a problem for marvel.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I heard on Midnights Edge broadcast that he thought that the ScyFy channel might be interested as they wanted to upgrade their current crop of TV Progs away from the Sharknado tat. I guess if you're looking for something that is a little more sophisticated that might appeal to Adults Dredd might fit the bill but that's just his opinion nothing else.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

von Boom

I think SyFy should be the last place for JD:MC1. While it's a good idea for Siffee (my pronunciation) to try and improve, I don't think Rebellion should risk something as valuable as MC1 in Siffee's attempts to recapture their market.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: von Boom on 30 May, 2017, 06:44:42 PM
I think SyFy should be the last place for JD:MC1. While it's a good idea for Siffee (my pronunciation) to try and improve, I don't think Rebellion should risk something as valuable as MC1 in Siffee's attempts to recapture their market.

Recently, SyFy have had Killjoys (stupid, but fun), Dark Matter (really quite good), 12 Monkeys (again, really quite good) and The Expanse (straight-up excellent).

Whilst I agree that if the MC1 producers could land a bigger channel/platform, they absolutely should, SyFy have been making some significant headway in improving their line-up.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 May, 2017, 06:54:37 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 30 May, 2017, 06:44:42 PM

Recently, SyFy have had Killjoys (stupid, but fun), Dark Matter (really quite good), 12 Monkeys (again, really quite good) and The Expanse (straight-up excellent).

Whilst I agree that if the MC1 producers could land a bigger channel/platform, they absolutely should, SyFy have been making some significant headway in improving their line-up.

I've not seen any of those, but I've be prejudiced against SyFy for quite some time now. I don't think I'll ever watch The Expanse though after trying to read the first book. I'm part of the minority that found it too awful to finish.