Main Menu

Bill Savage Not A Cockney Shocker!

Started by Thread Zero, 31 May, 2004, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Yes, last weeks revelation that Bill Savage comes from Shooters Hill in Eltham can only mean that he's not a True Cockney!

True Cockneys are born within the sound of Bow Legs (as is my understanding).

My mum comes from Shooters Hill, apparently.

Bone Machine, bit late reading his prog this week

Bico

Is Pat Mills cockney?

I only ask because he does write a lot of characters that way...

Max Kon

i think your mum is slurring cockneys. saying they all have bow legs

Quirkafleeg

I think the Bow Bells must be pretty loud as they seem to be able to be able to be heard at the far edges of Essex and Kent on some occasions

Thread Zero

I think the Bow Bells must be pretty loud as they seem to be able to be able to be heard at the far edges of Essex and Kent on some occasions

Although not as far as Scotchland, where Pat Mills comes from.

therev

er...Sad to say I live not far from Eltham.

It's a racist, dire shit hole.
There are worse places locally but some parts of it are quite rich so you got loads of "15-25" year olds with alot of cash cos Mummy and Daddy have.
Quite abit drugs problem. Its also the place where Steven Lawrence was killed.
You can't hear Bow Bells from there, no way.

On the other hand Shooters Hill is ok (it's just a fecking hill, tallest in London I think), amazing views of the whole of the City.If your ever in Greenwich take a trip there a=t dusk. Eltham is not really that close, I'd say Welling is much nearer.
Just as a side note Kate Bush was bought up within er..um...gunshot hearing distance of Shooters Hill. Her family home's just round the courner!

Trout

Er, is Pat from Scotland?

I thought he was Irish.

I know he used to live up here.

I believe it was Fife.

Pah! spittoo spit spit

Sorry, bad taste in my mouth.

- Trout

Queen Firey-Bou

well being frae fife would explain why he's the prophet he is. apparently.

Oddboy

True Cockneys are born within the sound of Bow Legs

I'd heard that True Cockneys were born within the sound of a car stereo being nicked...
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

the Bow Bells thing.
that woud refer to the OLD CITY of london rather then westminister and thames valley as it really is.Metropolitan area i think they call it.

when you go to london. police in the square mile area and that direction have a differnt logo on their hats. as they are LONDON police officers.
they are by royal appointment and have there own insignia.
which is the cockney area.
right up to the isle of dogs i think.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

thrillpowerseeker

maybe you could hear them on a really really quiet day??..and they were amplified somehow??

Art

If he were a cockeney he'd say things like "right you slaaaaaaaags" and "cor blimey". Insteasd he just talks about funk constantly, leading to my suspicion that he is in fact from Harlem.

Thread Zero

Insteasd he just talks about funk constantly, leading to my suspicion that he is in fact from Harlem.

Of course, in my mind Slaine talks like Harry H Corbett, thanks to his referring to Ukko as 'You dirty little dwarf!' in one of the early episodes.