Main Menu

subconscious swastika art

Started by zombemybabynow, 10 June, 2009, 11:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

pauljholden

Well, since the hair is an evil, mind controlling alien, I'm sure the swastika isn't THAT unintentional.

-pj
(though, actually, it is...)

Proudhuff

Grennie and PJ's subliminal messages?  ;) That explains the Eurovote results then!
DDT did a job on me

M.I.K.

Swastikas were around thousands of years before the nazis nicked them. They weren't considered evil at all before that. Quite the opposite.

pauljholden

Well, clearly the alien wig monster hasn't reckoned on the full history of the swastika - the idiot.

-pj

Proudhuff

MIK your right, I have a small number of Kipling's books ( Rudyard not the cake chap) from pre WWI  and they all have a little swastika on the spine, but the arms are going anti-clockwise, it does confuse some folk
DDT did a job on me

johnnystress

Until about 20 years ago these vans were a common sight on the Southside of Dublin

Check out Manwomans site for more on "The Sacred Swastika"

http://www.freewebs.com/manwomans/

Proudhuff

Did the drivers have blue shirts?
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

QuoteUntil about 20 years ago these vans were a common sight on the Southside of Dublin

Indeed, my poor grandmother used to have her laundry done there when I was a nipper (having spent part of her childhood working in a laundry she had a possibly-understandable hatred of doing it herself).  The laundry used to be picked up/delivered at the door in large white bags emblazoned with a swastika, which was a source of fascination and occasional pontification to pre-teen Victor-reader Tord.  The laundry itself had a large chimney, which added to the morbid thrill of it all.

Buddy

Ballsbridge.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "johnnystress"Until about 20 years ago these vans were a common sight on the Southside of Dublin

Check out Manwomans site for more on "The Sacred Swastika"

http://www.freewebs.com/manwomans/

"Then they came for our laundry ....."

Did the drivers wear Brownshirts ?

The poster on the side of the van looks like it has the Sun in the picture.

"Go clean".
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

johnnystress

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"Ballsbridge.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Another name for that area between the anus and the scrotum...

TordelBack

QuoteAnother name for that area between the anus and the scrotum...

Nah, you're thinking of Spencer Dock.

Adrian Bamforth

That's Hitler's little known laundrette. He's only got one, in Ballsbridge.