Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

The worst one was a promising anecdote by Gibbons: "I was drawing judge Caligula holding the goldfish above his head and Kevin O'Neil leant over my shoulder and said...." - we never got to find out!

Glitches aside, it was a superb piece of work, especially Mr Mills' potty-mouthed rantings. I knew a lot of the stories, but there was plenty of gems that were new to me. The semi-animated title sequence and cut-aways were fantastic too - I could watch an hour and  half of those!

COMMANDO FORCES

Now that's a bugger, as that was one hell of a belly laugh moment!

Can't remember the exact words and I don't want to balls it up it but I'm sure someone else will quote it perfectly!

Hawkmumbler

Pats rant at the end has to be one of the best things about it. I'm gonna have to find a way to just quote it as many times as possible!

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 November, 2014, 11:21:29 AM
Now that's a bugger, as that was one hell of a belly laugh moment!

Can't remember the exact words and I don't want to balls it up it but I'm sure someone else will quote it perfectly!

I'll put it in spoilers

[spoiler]I think it was Mick McMahon and Dave, not Kev (although I think Kev might have been relating part of the story.

There was a rivalry between Mick and Dave, trying to outdo each other (as there was with other artists).

Mick would stand behind Dave making comments along the lines, of 'Oh, right - ok... you know that's going to be out there forever?' - now Mick's image of Cal announcing Judge Fish is a bit dodgy looking (he's talked about it in his blog).

So whenever Mick would come along and say to Dave, 'Hmmm, what's that then?' If he thought something wasn't up to scratch. Dave would reply 'It's Judge Cal holding up a goldfish bowl'

Anyway, it's along those lines... [/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

Never got a chance to see it - but the producer visited our table and he was a jolly nice chap.

Steve Green

That's a shame you missed it - they're great guys.

I think there's a showing early next year scheduled for Scotland, but not sure on exact location...

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

I'm sure when they're ready they'll announce it publicly.

Krakajac

A DVD release would be great for those of us overseas.  Would buy a copy in an instant!  :)

Colin YNWA

I asked about that at TB this weekend at a QnA. They said they are working on a sales deal at the moment and hope that is down the line.

They also hope that there might be an extended release at some point which includes some of the mountains of footage not included in the final cut, so fingers crossed and all that.

Krakajac

"They also hope that there might be an extended release at some point which includes some of the mountains of footage not included in the final cut, so fingers crossed and all that."

Sign me up for a copy!  :o

shaolin_monkey

This has gone very quiet.  Any news on distribution/showings/DVD release etc etc?

Steve Green

This was the last I heard

http://www.screendaily.com/news/metrodome-takes-2000ad-doc/5078647.article

Not sure of any definite screenings - one was talked about that it hadn't been officially announced.

Hawkmumbler

I throughly enjoyed what I saw at TB and would dig a BD. They did say in the Q&A afterwards that it was planned at some point.

COMMANDO FORCES

They're actually on the lookout for the following and if anyone can help, then get in touch.

QuoteI'm looking for OLD pics of Pat Mills, Alan Moore and Grant Morrison!  Older pics the better, 70's / 80's.

By all means let people know that it's for the doc, and that I'll also need to get a usage clearance form signed off from the owner if that's ok.

So if you have any photos that you may have taken at a signing, then that would be awesome but if you just find ones off the web, they need to know who took it to get clearance.