Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dominic O'Rourke on 11 December, 2015, 10:14:06 AM

So inspired by the show, she's decided to take on a PhD in culture and media.

It's impressive what non-fans can get out of things you dote over.

Okay whatever reactions we get as fans I doubt any of us can top that!

Prodigal2

Ordered mine. Hyped for it now.

Christmas day movie for me and the wife who doesn't read comics and thinks I'm mental.

Hawkmumbler

Mine turned up just now and that's goin straight in ghe BD player. Unreservedly excited for another viewing.

The Sherman Kid

Watched the BBC film review last night with Mark Kermode and the DVD recommendation for the week was ........(drum roll) ..FutureShock: The Story of 2000ad. Quality  :thumbsup:

Here's the link to his page-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode

Here's the link to the programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06s6d0f/the-film-review-grandma-by-the-sea-sisters

Should give sales a good bump.

Echidna

Kermode was complimentary about it in last week's film review podcast too.

As for me, it's on my Amazon wishlist (Priority: Highest). Needless to say, if I don't find it under the Christmas tree I'll be buying it immediately, right after disowning my entire family.

Echidna

There's a more in-depth look at the doc on Kermode Uncut (also on Youtube). Looking forward to his reassessment of Dredd - I remember being surprised by his relatively dismissive review of it at the time.

Apestrife

Awesome documentary. Very entertaining, also daring/saddening at times. For me the film is to the prog what the 2012 DREDD was to the character Judge Dredd. Feels like it got to the core of it.

Hopefully it'll get the word around like the "documentary" Dig did for The Brian Jonestown Massacre!

Prodigal2

maryanddavid

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party to get this in time for Christmas! Seems all sold out.  Anyone who wants to sell on their copy drop me a PM, I'd like to get it in time for Christmas, when I'll have time to watch it.

Prodigal2

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 December, 2015, 10:51:43 PM
Looks like I'm a bit late to the party to get this in time for Christmas! Seems all sold out.  Anyone who wants to sell on their copy drop me a PM, I'd like to get it in time for Christmas, when I'll have time to watch it.

Got it for Christmas and in the best childhood traditions have raided it and watched it. Superb stuff.

Colin YNWA

You got me all excited there Maryanddavid, still seems to be in stock at Amazon (co.uk at least)

maryanddavid

Thanks Colin, I was ordering the last few bits last night and it quoted me a silly delivery time on the DVD so I presumed it was OFS. Getting too late for the Holidays at this stage I think.

Richard

I got quite excited when Brian Bolland said he wanted to do a new story for 2000 AD (not just a cover). It's been 35 years. Tharg, make it happen!

Geoff

Quote from: Richard on 19 December, 2015, 09:51:15 PM
I got quite excited when Brian Bolland said he wanted to do a new story for 2000 AD (not just a cover). It's been 35 years. Tharg, make it happen!

He said this on a convention panel a couple of years ago too and mentioned that he'd always been fond if the 'fatties' stories.

l second what you say Richard - Tharg make this happen!

dweezil2

Quote from: Geoff on 21 December, 2015, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: Richard on 19 December, 2015, 09:51:15 PM

He said this on a convention panel a couple of years ago too and mentioned that he'd always been fond if the 'fatties' stories.

l second what you say Richard - Tharg make this happen!

2000AD's 40th anniversary?

What do you say Tharg? 

Pretty please!!!!!!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo