Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I do think the starter minis are very nice, I just sort-of expect Dredd in a Judge Dredd game. That it costs £25 to add him to the game seems... calculated.

Essentially I feel the SD starter was better value - a clear artistic style, proper character minis for both sides, good chunk of terrain. Anonymous mooks, paper playmats and vehicle markers... ehnnn.

Minis themselves are lovely, definitely the best ever 28mm Dredd line, the cards look lovely and I forsee spending a great deal of cash filling gaps in my roster.

Leigh S

They would do well to team up with Battlesystems cardboard terrain - their Core Space game itself is very 2000AD influenced. I intend to run any Dredd games "indoors" as trying to capture the scale of MC1 outsisde is doomed to failure - that's not to say Dredd isnt going to gun his Lawmaster through some perps!

Proudhuff

Looking at those prices I'm glad this is something I don't do.  :o
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Leigh S on 19 October, 2019, 10:53:25 AM
I quite like them generic as I can use them for Stront - what I really need are some Citizens, which I could also use as bystanders in Stront to mix things up.  Looks like I am going to have to get those GW uglies repainted soon!

Have you seen the Colony 87 SF civilian minia, Leigh? They just finished a third KS campaign but I think the earlier figs are available retail from Gripping Beast. Quite a high proportion of aliens, but hardly out of place in MC-1.

TordelBack

Here's some of the Colony 87 stuff (not my photo):

Trooper McFad

Doing my research with other online sellers of the Warlord Dredd game you can get all the components (but not the special Hardback book) for around £175 rrp this is before their own discounts.
I think I might hold off until pre-orders are done and pick up revised "Deals" and maybe wait till I've see some reviews of the hard back before considering splashing the cash on that.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

yeah, I did ponder that kickstarter, but they jsut didnt quite have the right aesthetic for eitehr Stront or Core Space minis, which are slightly more realistic/less cartoony. 

The person who does a Kickstarter for Dredd/core Space type 'realistic' style civilians will mint it in

TordelBack

Heh, true, but I thought the blue couple on the left were in every spaceport Ezquerra ever drew!  The current Reaper Bones kickstarter is offering 20 ultra-neutral fantasy civilians for €20 and it seems very popular - shame something similar isn't there for SF.

Leigh S

yeah townsfolk is such a Fantasy mini staple, yet the sci-fi equivalnet i nowhere, though GW obvously sold shedloads of them when they did Dredd minis - uglies, fatties, straight up citizens....

Klegg Bait

Hydra Miniatures makes Jetsons-style civilians in their Solar City range that would fit perfectly well in MC1.
Old Glory has very rough, but relatively inexpensive, civilians in their Super System range.

Leigh S

Cheers KB  -those Solar City might work with a few kneepads and Block allegiance initials painted on them!

In other news, if paying over £200 was a bridge too far, deals without the delue book now available! Looks like I can pre-order all the minis for £160? So that's Mega Deal, minus the £75 deluxe book and minus the duplicate gang... sold!

https://store.warlordgames.com/products/judge-dredd-judgement-day?fbclid=IwAR0uKB8Nte6Hrl8dxnopExWu2r1FUEiwGDcsdfj9sZhvqAWnF_qffXeMxo0

Leigh S

actually, not quite doable as yet, but certainly some more affordable sets there!

Dr Feeley Good

I must admit that £65.00 one is very tempting...

TordelBack

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 24 October, 2019, 04:02:40 PM
I must admit that £65.00 one is very tempting...

Yeah,  that's the sweet spot for me too.  Glad I held off!

"Oh darling wife, I have my Santa List written... ".

Mikey

Despite still not starting on my Stront minis yet (I'm inching ever closer) , I had to jump in feet first for this. I'm stupidly excited for it!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.