Main Menu

Found something Interesting....Need Help

Started by Trooper 594, 14 November, 2017, 11:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper 594

Hi all

Found  a 2000AD Diary - Hamlyn diary: 2000, Standard, Limited edition 2000. It is signed by some of the artists on the Creators Profiles. (trying to see who as all I have is a not so good photo).

Is this worth buying and if so what would the ballpark figure be ??

Trooper

Fungus

What's the asking price? I don't understand.

Trooper 594

Oh sorry.

I may not have been clear....nothing unusual there.

The guy is looking for £50.... it is signed by 5 of the artists including Moore, Morrison and Grant.
I was hoping someone would tell me if this was an OK price.

Many thanks

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper 594 on 14 November, 2017, 10:19:32 PM
Oh sorry.

I may not have been clear....nothing unusual there.

The guy is looking for £50.... it is signed by 5 of the artists including Moore, Morrison and Grant.
I was hoping someone would tell me if this was an OK price.

Many thanks

If the diary is from the year 2000, at least one of those signatures isn't genuine...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper 594

Very Interesting.

Will get some clearer information from the seller.

Hopefully some proper photos.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Trooper

Tjm86

Looking at my copy, the Creator Profile page has a series of signatures that look to me like they are reproductions rather than original signatures.  I'm saying that mainly since they are all in the same colour pen but more importantly the underlying text is far too prominent.  I would have expected it to be obscured more if it was a real signature over the text.  This suggests that the seller is perhaps being slightly disingenuous and that £50 is significantly over the odds, even if it was a limited numbered edition rather than a standard edition.  There does seem to be a bit of a surge when it comes to signed tooth's, both in terms of interest and in price.  I suppose it is inevitable that someone is going to try it on.   :'(

Trooper 594

Ahhh that is interesting.......

So.. Do all Diaries come with signatures.

That would help explain things

Trooper

Tjm86

I honestly couldn't say but it might be worth making a few enquiries with ebay sellers (of which there seem to be quite a few) as to whether their creator profile pages have signatures and what, possibly even a pic.  I would say that the clincher would be that they are all in exactly the same position each time.  I would expect some variation if they were real rather than reproduction signatures.

Trooper 594

Hi There

Yes that would make sense.

Hoping to get a good look at them soon

Trooper