Main Menu

The Daily Dredds: Vol 1

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 September, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector Chief

Anyone know when Volume 2 is scheduled for release? I thought it was meant to be November last year....

sheridan

Quote from: Sector Chief on 27 January, 2016, 01:27:00 PMAnyone know when Volume 2 is scheduled for release? I thought it was meant to be November last year....
I thought it was a 2016 release date, and remember thinking it was a very long way off - maybe November this year?

moldovangerbil

I have no idea what resources are available for putting together volume 2 or how far down the line robo-keef is, but this listing on ebay might be useful:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-2000AD-Original-Daily-Star-Newspaper-Strips-400-/381542454148?hash=item58d5b3d384:g:2JEAAOSwezVWuv9N

glassstanley

Depending on how big the book is the first few strips could be scanned from their reprints in the prog & meg. Originals of all the other episodes exist in private collections. One episode is missing entirely as to wasn't printed (ep 3530 - 3536 was printed in its place and then again in the correct order - guess there was a misreading of the last digit).

Be interesting to see how the colour episodes reproduce. A lot of the colour on them as originally printed is very poor - mis-aligned or mis-coloured. You'd never think Dread's uniform had so much yellow on it!

Skullmo

did anyone read the non-waggner/grant daily strips? or the metro dredds?

were they any good?
It's a joke. I was joking.

sheridan

Quote from: Skullmo on 10 February, 2016, 02:18:24 PM

were they any good?
Lots of people will have read them.  Once.

Skullmo

Quote from: sheridan on 10 February, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 10 February, 2016, 02:18:24 PM

were they any good?
Lots of people will have read them.  Once.

:lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

Max Headroom

glassstanley - Can you provide any more details about the 'missing episode'? Does it exist anywhere? I do so hate loose ends!
Thanks.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Sector Chief on 27 January, 2016, 01:27:00 PM
Anyone know when Volume 2 is scheduled for release? I thought it was meant to be November last year....

Now up for pre-order at Amazon UK:

The Daily Dredds Vol. 2 - Hardcover, 6th October 2016, 96 pages.

This second volume of the Daily Star Dredds features the weekly strips published in the popular national tabloid that ran between July 1986 to the end of 1988, featuring action-packed stories from John Wagner and Alan Grant and sumptuous  art from Ian Gibson, Mike Collins and the legendary Ron Smith.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

It's unlikely to be 96 pages when volume 1 was 320 pages.

Dash Decent

I agree.  That's what the Amazon listing has at the moment, but there have been a number of dubious elements to recent listings supplied by Tharg's PR people.

Not that Amazon aren't prone to list softbacks as hardbacks themselves.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mardroid

Yes it is already been confirmed by a droid on another thread that the page count is erroneous.

Mardroid

Or "...has been confirmed..." rather.