Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Quote from: radiator on 10 February, 2012, 05:53:40 PM
Trying to work out if the judge in the BG is carrying some sort of shotgun...?

There are notable differences (the visor comes down a lot further for one), but for some reason the movie helmets really remind me of this Kev Walker image:

Yeah, they definately seem to be Walker influenced designs around the visor. I'd go as far as saying based on his work on Sin City*

As for the very welcome, yet a bit strange gif - absolute arsomness! As Goaty said, this instantly seperates it from the '95 effort.

*the Dredd one, obviously!  ;)

James

Quote from: CraveNoir on 10 February, 2012, 12:03:03 PM
FOOTAGE!

FROM
http://karlurbaninternational.foros.ws/t1237/dredd-extras-behind-the-scenes-on-set-making-offs/15/

Background looks good, not much to see but doesn't stand out as being in any way less than fitting in with the overall tone we've seen so far.

JOE SOAP

See, the chunky helmet/uniform design works.

dweezil2

Now that's a thing of dark beauty!

The only trouble is I want more!!!!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dweezil2

And who said the helmets didn't look right? Duh!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 February, 2012, 10:20:58 PM
See, the chunky helmet/uniform design works.

Too early to tell from that IMHO - although it looks promising.

a) it's not Urban wearing the helmet - from the empire stills it looked like Lex(?) seemed to fill the helmet better.

b) It's a blurry dark animated gif, you can't see much more than a tiny bit of head and shoulders...

More interested in what's going on behind the scenes with this - whether it's being deliberately leaked by someone over the violence thing...

Considering 1 still and 1 bit of footage have both included headshots, it seems a bit like someone's trying to prove a point.

radiator

Interesting theory, that hadn't occurred to me. Maybe trying to gauge reaction?

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 February, 2012, 01:19:23 AM

Considering 1 still and 1 bit of footage have both included headshots, it seems a bit like someone's trying to prove a point.

This occurred to me too, its all very convenient. But if whoever the leak is really wanted to do something about the reaction about the helmet, they should have found a clip with Dredd in it.

CYCLOPZ

I do think the helmets work though. Just as much as a London copper's hat works if that's any comparison.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: radiator on 11 February, 2012, 01:38:53 AM
Interesting theory, that hadn't occurred to me. Maybe trying to gauge reaction?

I thought that about those pics released earlier this week, but also valid about this (AWESOME) bit of footage; dark, gritty, noirish, and unapologetically grim and violent... looks seriously fantastic and hardcore!  And judging by the general response from fellow posters here, both DNA Films and IM Global should be encouraged, I wonder if this bit of footage is a heads-up for an imminent teaser trailer...!?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Angry Vince on 09 February, 2012, 11:55:12 PM
Had a horrible thought - what is the bet that some wanker re-releases a certain movie from 1995 to cash on the publicity from Dredd?
<shudder>

Not if they finally release Danny Cannon's 'director's cut' version, for it does surely exist somewhere in the Buena Vista vaults, and would certainly shift a few copies on pure morbid interest alone... sadly unlikely though!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Radbacker

Fraken Arsom, I like the small glimpse we have of MC1 in the background. Grey, opressive, monolithic public housing looking buildings all in keeping with the more realistic grittier approach they seem to have taken.  Cant wait to see more, teaser cant be too far away surely?

More please.

CU Radbacker

NSFTM

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 February, 2012, 01:19:23 AM
More interested in what's going on behind the scenes with this - whether it's being deliberately leaked by someone over the violence thing...

what violence thing? is this referencing back to the 'my mate down the pub spoke to a magical dog who can travel through time that said that he's next door neighbours dog spoke to his owner whose mate read on a message board that someone wasn't happy with the violence thing'..actually thats not a bad idea for the 2000ad kids comic thread.. Time Traveling Toto and the Future Forum

anyway the source for the animated 'clip' i kinda thought it would have come from the 'making of' documentary.. as they are sometimes produced by outside companies and the security would not be as stringent
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Gonk

That's a reasonable assumption, but you're still just surmising like Toto down the pub and just adding to the rumours circulating. I think it's been leaked deliberately by someone involved with the film.
coming at a cinema near you soon

bigjobs67

He blew his f##kin 'ed off man! BOOM!!! Just like that. No warnin. Nothin. Just BAM!!
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!