Main Menu

Which 'villains' would you want to see in Dredd sequels?

Started by judgeblake, 01 August, 2012, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeblake

Just wondering what fellow Judge Dredd fans think;

If they have 2 villains to each of the next (speculative) sequels to Dredd then which villainous characters would you have in the next films? and which villain combos would work well together in a narrative e.g. the joker and two face....

I would personally choose;
Dredd 2 - Rico and Mean Machine
Dredd 3 - Judge Cal and Judge Death   

or maybe
Dredd 2 - Rico and Judge Cal
Dredd 3 - Mean Machine and Judge Death

?

Pete Wells

Chopper would be cool (maybe intelligently pushing the 3D like this film does) and Mean.  I'd like a genuinely scary Dark Judges movie too.

Other thoughts include Call Me Kenneth or, even cooler, Mechanismo robots as MC1 tech begins to advance.

As many have said, Total War would be great and as a single scene, I'd love to see Dredd slap down a Batman style vigilante, just to put him in his place...

Proudhuff

Who I would NOT like to see are: the Angel Gang and yawnnnn The Dark Judges/Judge D'Erth.
There are so many wonderful thing in the Dreddverse why oh why do we have to drag our sorry erse back to these tired old nags?
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Honestly, I think those villains better stay in comic and for films, create new villains!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Danbo

Fink and extensive Angle gang flashbacks.

Sovs.

Chopper and Total War.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

James Stacey

Beeks

I've said it on other threads but hey

Judge Fish
Call-Me-Kenneth

Who was that hippy guy in the prog from the cursed earth..my memory is shite

He controlled plants..was it Father Earth or something along those lines?

I'd also like to see the Kleggs make an appearance..
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Mudcrab

Yep, Father Earth.

On the many of these threads, I've never seen anyone suggest PJ. Interesting. Maybe of course, not Holden  ;)

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

COMMANDO FORCES

If Dredd is going into the Cursed Earth, then I'd like to see him go out there via a Hotdog run with Judge Giant as one of the rookies. They could encounter a few scenarios along the way to their main objective, which would be rescuing a Hell-Trek convoy that has been attacked by unknown assailants, that turn out to be Organ Leggers or some bod more memorable.

We could then see Gila Munja, Muties, Slavers, Stookie Farms, etc... along the way!

judgeblake

Quote from: Beeks on 01 August, 2012, 06:24:06 PM
I've said it on other threads but hey

Judge Fish
Call-Me-Kenneth

Who was that hippy guy in the prog from the cursed earth..my memory is shite

He controlled plants..was it Father Earth or something along those lines?

I'd also like to see the Kleggs make an appearance..

lol judge fish? and the Kleggs? wouldnt they entail that Judge Cal would be a villain in the same movie too? plus if you put call me kenneth in the mix would half the movie evolve around the robot war thingy.

oh yeah and it was Father Earth - he was an interesting Mutoid wanst he! he also inspired a whole army of cursed earth inhabitants to march on Mega City One!

judgeblake

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 August, 2012, 07:46:58 PM
If Dredd is going into the Cursed Earth, then I'd like to see him go out there via a Hotdog run with Judge Giant as one of the rookies. They could encounter a few scenarios along the way to their main objective, which would be rescuing a Hell-Trek convoy that has been attacked by unknown assailants, that turn out to be Organ Leggers or some bod more memorable.

We could then see Gila Munja, Muties, Slavers, Stookie Farms, etc... along the way!

oh yeah, cursed earth all the way for a sequel, giving it a western vibe maybe as well. But if Judge Giant were a rookie...surely he would be older than Anderson and would have already been Dredd's rookie before the events of Dredd? I'd like to see Idris Elba or someone play Giant.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Frank

Pete's suggestion of Mechanismo does have the advantage of having a great central concept, but a disappointing narrative. Whatever mangling the screenplay subjected that story to would only be an improvement. The drawback is that I couldn't see DNA retaining Colin MacNeil's brilliant (but very comic book) robot design.

"I'm taking you in, Crazyface!"

Bat King

Quote from: Mudcrab on 01 August, 2012, 07:27:55 PM
Yep, Father Earth.

On the many of these threads, I've never seen anyone suggest PJ. Interesting. Maybe of course, not Holden  ;)

Not heard of this P J Interesting...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex