Main Menu

Grip: worst comic i've ever read.

Started by death monkey 23, 18 November, 2001, 03:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

Just read #1 of GRIP, published by Vertigo and written by Gilbert Hernandez of Love and Rockets fame.

It is so appalling as to be pretty much beyond human comprehension.  Forget Pussyfoot 5.  Forget the crap Future Shocks.  This

is

crap.  In fact it is so crap that it makes me well angry.  Sales of this crappy little 5-issue comic are going to plummet at #2, but Vertigo are going to lick arse and bullshit about it just because it was written by the acclaimed Hernandez. (Love and Rockets wasn't that good anyway, and Gilbert is a stupid name.  Stupider than scojo.)  But bloody bastard Vertigo are packing in Outlaw Nation in a few months, just because sales are struggling a bit.  Admittedly it's been going a bit crap lately, but it's a great comic and it was just getting back on track.  If that was written by Gilbert Hernandez, comics legend, then they'd be falling over each other to try and get it printed fortnightly.  Just because Jamie Delano doesn't get good reviews in the Guardian because he isn't crap.

Know what I mean?

Thread Zero

death monkey 23

Yep.  Logan would probably like it, judging by the general shitness of him.

Thread Zero

W. R. Logan

>Yep.  Logan would probably like it, judging by the general shitness of him.

Ah, the anonymity of the 2000AD message board, Death Monkey 23, and no obvious link to take this conversation of the board and do it by personal e-mail.
If Death Monkey 23 is someone I know, then I can live with that, being an ex-squaddie I?m used to this manly attempt to prove your heterosexuality and show how hard you are whilst having a few beers. If it?s not someone I know hiding behind the Death Monkey 23 name then if I ever meet you I will rip of your head and shit down the hole.
I?m perfectly comfortable with my sexuality and this isn?t late night bar banter so if you want a good laugh then at Comics 2002 say hello and tell me that you are Death Monkey 23. If you do it for a laugh then I apologise in advance for the damage I may inflict upon you, especially if I?ve had a couple of beers.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

I love men in a uniform if that helps, logan.

scojo

Mk13

Death Monkey - ditch the unneccessary personal abuse (or at least take it to the chat-room).

Logan - stop waving your dick around and lay off the macho bullshit.

Behave!

Mk13

nathan

Death Monkey, the front cover of Grip clearly states "Suggested for mature readers". Why did you buy it?

Nathan - who is looking forward to no.2

Thread Zero

death monkey 23

Hello there, Gabe Logan.

I did not mention your sexuality.

I just mentioned your shitness, due to your anti-peace march comment.

If you feel you have something to prove, we can continue down this road.  

If your statement was ironic and i am dumb for not spotting this, please let me know.

Unless you're too chicken

death monkey 23

The comic itself, the artwork, scripting and plot clearly states:

THIS COMIC IS SHIT.

DO NOT BUY IT ANYMORE OR YOU ARE A DICKHEAD.

So there.

nathan

'Death Monkey' said', " THIS COMIC IS SHIT. DO NOT BUY IT ANYMORE OR YOU ARE A DICKHEAD. ".

Like I said, it was intended for _mature_ readers.

N

W. R. Logan

At 13:04 18/11/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello there, Gabe Logan.
>I just mentioned your shitness, due to your anti-peace march comment.
>If you feel you have something to prove, we can continue down this road.  
>If your statement was ironic and i am dumb for not spotting this, please let me know.
>Unless you[backslash]'re too chicken

So I see that you really are a man of peace 8-) I won't continue any comments that I do have on the message board, as I wouldn't want to bore anyone else with any further conversation that we may have.

My e-mail address is no secret so if you do have any further comments to make then please feel free to continue this away from the message board.

mailto://Logan@classof79.freeserve.co.uk

I look forward to hearing what other pearls of wisdom you may have.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

I hear Lennox Lewis won back his world championship belt last night.

He is looking for a new opponent.

Deathy or Logan?

You seem the ideal candidates!

scojo - using Don King's hair as a mop to clean the kitchen floor