Main Menu

I guess I'm just a thickie.

Started by karne, 15 September, 2002, 01:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

Can anybody tell me why I cant get an icon, even after trying every variant of the help instructions. all sensible and even stupid suggestions appreciated, the simpler the better as I only have a tiny attention sp...

karne

This is to myself. It seems it did work after all, you stupid muppet.

Tu-plang

VegasRudeBoy

Speaking as a muppet, can you explain that to us thickies in back?  In one-syllable words with pictures if poss.

Ta

VRB the uninformed

karne

Sorry for the delay in replying VRB, been v,v,v, busy.Anyway as far as I can tell, the way to get yourself a spanky new icon is this:
Choose an icon from the 2000ad website icons page (This is the easiest method) or upload your own to: binaries@2000adonline.com (the icon you upload must be 32 X 32 pixels in paint)Check the name of your icon by highlighting it with your cursor, right clicking it and going into properties. Once you have done this go to the chatroom (If anyone is in there tell them what you are doing so that you dont look like a lurker!) and type in: "/icon followed by a space and then the name of your icon. If your icon is for instance named Dredd gif. just type Dredd not gif. Your icon will not appear in the chatroom straight away, you will have to visit the message board first, and it will appear next to any previous messages you have left.(you may want to leave a message if there isn't one of yours already there, as this will stop you from looking like a hopless twat in front of the rest of the on-line community!)Hope this helps, good luck with your icon tinkering and may it bring you much happiness.