Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: moly on 29 May, 2020, 08:38:42 AM
So we had a letter in the post a few week ago inviting our daughter aged 9 to have a covid19 test. My daughter has been at home self isolating for 6 weeks and me and my wife have social distancing and only my wife has been out to do the weekly shopping. Test has come back that she is positive so this would mean we all have it.

So be careful we have had no symptoms luckily but at the same time it's like a huge weight has been lifted as my anxiety level were high

Glad to hear your anxiety has eased, Moly. Hope everyone doing good and take care.

Makes me wonder how many of us have been so very careful, but somehow still contracted it and are spreading the bloody thing about.

IndigoPrime

moly: I hope you're all well and keep safe, and that you manage to get through this without catching this rotten virus—or at least without getting sick from it. (One of my hopes through this is that something along the lines of the original thinking turns out to be true—that a lot of people can get the virus without being horribly ill.)

moly

Indigoprime - I think me and my wife must of have had it, my daughter has only been in contact with us for over two months

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 28 May, 2020, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 May, 2020, 12:51:00 PM
I've just seen the clip. Truly deplorable.

Just unbelievable. If you were his SPAD, you would surely nip the fecker the minute that interview had finished up. The arrogance, nonchalance and superior attitude. Christ.

Disgusting. They really have no concept of the suffering and horror they have helped bring about. They'll get away with it, too. I have no doubt of that.

They have a concept.  They just don't care.

Rately

Quote from: sheridan on 29 May, 2020, 12:03:01 PM
Quote from: Rately on 28 May, 2020, 01:01:14 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 28 May, 2020, 12:51:00 PM
I've just seen the clip. Truly deplorable.

Just unbelievable. If you were his SPAD, you would surely nip the fecker the minute that interview had finished up. The arrogance, nonchalance and superior attitude. Christ.

Disgusting. They really have no concept of the suffering and horror they have helped bring about. They'll get away with it, too. I have no doubt of that.

They have a concept.  They just don't care.

True, Sheridan.

They really just don't give a damn.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 May, 2020, 07:12:41 AM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 21 May, 2020, 02:10:09 PM
We can't even afford one of those alarms because the monthly fee is £18 plus the telephone landline charges. I know it's probably too late for us to get assistance...

I know that it is not often that we are able to provide more practical assistance than an ear but I would say that this is one of those occasions when an opportunity presents itself.  I would like to offer to pay towards this.  let's face it, if we add in landline charges of around £20pcm then the total monthly cost is going to be £38.  If 19 of us were to offer to support you then that would work out at about £2 each pcm. 

I would rather pay that for 12 months than towards Tom's Knighthood Fund.  I know that that money is going towards NHS charities and GoFundMe's profits but there is still a need for support for families.

Let us know how you feel about this.  If anyone else feels they could support a fellow Squaxx then maybe we can do something practical for a change.

Sorry I haven't replied earlier ...But I lost internet again! (  Have to rely on BT Hotspot for it... a friend lets me use his infinity package code... ) It's a very kind offer but... Mother would never allow it. 

shaolin_monkey

The Doctor Alt 8

I think the hard wear that would need to be installed would be a dead give away....

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 30 May, 2020, 06:29:04 AM
Mother would never allow it.  [/font][/size][/color]

I honestly thought you were quoting Norman Bates till I saw your next post. Sorry, says more about me than you
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Doctor Alt 8

shaolin_monkey

Another damning article from the British Medical Journal:

"Scientists and doctors in advisory positions face a dual obligation to the state and to the public. But what happens when the government's integrity no longer matches your personal or professional integrity, when your public accountability seems greater than that of the politicians you advise? Do you fight from within? Do you speak out, and even resign? What of the leaders of medical organisations working closely with the government? Regrettably, questions of conscience and duty must now be addressed."

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2102

shaolin_monkey

The Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) have issued this stark warning to the government (See link for full statement):

"The ADPH is calling for full implementation of all Phase 2 measures to be delayed until further consideration of the ongoing trends in infection rates and the R level gives more confidence about what the impact of these will be. There also must be a renewed drive to promote the importance of handwashing, social distancing and self-isolating if symptomatic, positive for COVID, or a contact of someone who is. And, additional assurance is required that the NHS Test and Trace System will be able to cope with the scale of the task.

The risk of a spike in cases and deaths – and of the social and economic impact if we have to return to stricter lockdown measures – cannot be overstated; this needs to be understood not only by the public but also by the Government."
https://www.adph.org.uk/2020/05/adph-presidential-blog-a-time-for-steady-leadership-careful-preparation-and-measured-steps/

shaolin_monkey

A message from our very own Eamonn Clarke:

Thanks Eamonn!

Bolt-01

Clap, clap clap.

Eamonn is spot-on here. The amount of folk talking as if this is all over is frankly, astounding.

IndigoPrime

We have 48 hours to decide whether mini-IP is going back to school. I've a horrible feeling her mental health is starting to take a beating from all this weirdness. She's increasingly sad and snappy, although often puts a brave face on things. Our ongoing issues with immigration can't be helping the house mood. Even so, I can't imagine she'll be going back next week.

Perhaps at least the change in the weather might slow the spread of the virus — unless it prompts idiots meeting outside to instead all head to IKEA.