Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I agree with you Tordel. I prefer that a series is drawn by one person.  I see Kingdom as Elson's domain , Vex as Flint, Survival Geeks Goode etc.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 September, 2020, 11:44:37 AM
Yeah its interesting that Alienst is listed as the floppie here. Might just be out of date info as I thought the encyclopedia was to be the next 12 months? Maybe they will drop in the odd other things to continue to mix it up?

Best of both worlds in my view - alternate the encyclopedia with reprint material every month.

BPP

Lynch is a good technical figure artist but his Dredd stuff - especially in the Meg - has been very hampered by his disinterest in backgrounds and extraneous detail. There is an absolute lack of world building in it that is the exact opposite to what Flint brought to Vex.

Still more than up for seeing how it goes even if it's very very big boots he's following in.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

On 2000AD website there is an article related to what is coming this December:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-december/

I just noticed that accordingly the article Slaine will be in prog 2210 and 2211 which I think is not going to happen. Then Constanta is scheduled to start in the xmas prog which I also do not think is going to happen since Constanta will start in prog 2201.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

WOW! I LOVE this cover! Who's the artist? Cliff Robinson?

This is highly amusing also:

broodblik

The xmas cover does look like it could be Cliff Robinson (the king of covers)

Bolt-01

Rob Williams writing and Laurence Campbell drawing Alpha? That sounds interesting...

broodblik

I am not familiar with Laurence Campbell's work

Tomwe

Quote from: broodblik on 22 September, 2020, 02:49:37 PM
Looks like Campbell worked on the prog circa 2002-2004 before going stateside. Williams and Campbell already work together on a book out of AWA Studios called Old Haunts.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 22 September, 2020, 01:10:07 PM
On 2000AD website there is an article related to what is coming this December:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-december/

I just noticed that accordingly the article Slaine will be in prog 2210 and 2211 which I think is not going to happen. Then Constanta is scheduled to start in the xmas prog which I also do not think is going to happen since Constanta will start in prog 2201.

Maybe Slaine will be rescheduled to the Christmas Prog (2212) to give it a bit of a bump?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 22 September, 2020, 03:55:07 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 22 September, 2020, 02:49:37 PM
Looks like Campbell worked on the prog circa 2002-2004 before going stateside.

Yeah, I still think of LC as 'a 2000AD artist', so I was surprised to see broodblik say that... But actually, it's been a very long time since he graced the prog!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Heh, I was just about to say Campbell is an established 2000AD artist - DeMarco!  Synnamon! Bison! BREATHING SPACE!  ... Before I realised most of that was more than 15 years old!  Be great to see him back.

TordelBack

Quote from: BPP on 22 September, 2020, 09:48:16 AM
Lynch is a good technical figure artist but his Dredd stuff - especially in the Meg - has been very hampered by his disinterest in backgrounds and extraneous detail. There is an absolute lack of world building in it that is the exact opposite to what Flint brought to Vex.

I think he's addressed this in his more recent stuff - that colonialist museum of alien skulls Dredd story had some great designs and backgrounds.

Tjm86

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 September, 2020, 06:03:28 PM
Quote from: BPP on 22 September, 2020, 09:48:16 AM

I think he's addressed this in his more recent stuff - that colonialist museum of alien skulls Dredd story had some great designs and backgrounds.

I have to be honest when Lynch first appeared on the scene I had very little love for his work.  The art on Orlok left a lot to be desired.  Since then it has developed considerably.  Be interesting to see how he bears up following Flint on art duties.  Not an easy challenge to be sure!

broodblik

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 September, 2020, 05:52:57 PM
Heh, I was just about to say Campbell is an established 2000AD artist - DeMarco!  Synnamon! Bison! BREATHING SPACE!  ... Before I realised most of that was more than 15 years old!  Be great to see him back.

Yes, I can remember Breathing Space and the art was good.