Main Menu

That gum you like is going to come back in style -

Started by JOE SOAP, 15 May, 2014, 11:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Someone inform Duncan Jones his da's now a giant kettle.

Apestrife

Loved the 15th episode. Everything from the green glove to the golden log. I laughed, nearly cried and nearly applauded.

JOE SOAP

Toni Scandella

Apestrife

"Dad can drive. Really good." was also strangely touching.

Another fantastic episode. Amazing. Very much looking forward to how it'll wrap up in the last two episodes :)

Muon

Anyone else tumescent with anticipation of the two-hour Twin Peaks-fest on which we're about to engorge ourselves?

Any theories about how it might all turn out? I myself am happily clueless (and of course tumescent).

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Muon on 01 September, 2017, 11:59:25 AM
Anyone else tumescent with anticipation of the two-hour Twin Peaks-fest on which we're about to engorge ourselves?

Any theories about how it might all turn out? I myself am happily clueless (and of course tumescent).

Yes. Can't wait. I hope to get up early on Monday morning to watch the finale before going to work.

As to how it will end, I think it has to involve the two Coopers meeting and maybe a fight/supernatural battle/vortex in a cup of coffee confrontation to determine who returns to the Black Lodge. Of course I could be completely wrong and it may just involve golden shovels and Jerry in the woods.

Muon

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 01 September, 2017, 12:17:18 PM
Quote from: Muon on 01 September, 2017, 11:59:25 AM

Yes. Can't wait. I hope to get up early on Monday morning to watch the finale before going to work.

As to how it will end, I think it has to involve the two Coopers meeting and maybe a fight/supernatural battle/vortex in a cup of coffee confrontation to determine who returns to the Black Lodge. Of course I could be completely wrong and it may just involve golden shovels and Jerry in the woods.

It could be anything, couldn't it? Pretty much nothing has transpired as I expected it to in this season, and that's been refreshing. My only thing is, I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Muon on 01 September, 2017, 12:46:09 PM
I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

The reason for the season is the retrieval of Dale Cooper and possibly Laura Palmer  – to save the town by shovelling it out of the shit – so I think it'll be more an ending of Blue Velvet style closure featuring Julee Cruise singing at the Roadhouse.

Muon

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 01 September, 2017, 08:47:22 PM
Quote from: Muon on 01 September, 2017, 12:46:09 PM
I hope it's not a downer. I don't think I could handle another scene of Coop headbutting a mirror and laughing as the credits roll.

The reason for the season is the retrieval of Dale Cooper and possibly Laura Palmer  – to save the town by shovelling it out of the shit – so I think it'll be more an ending of Blue Velvet style closure featuring Julee Cruise singing at the Roadhouse.

Really hope you're right! That would be my preferred ending. I want redemption for both Cool and Laura for all the shite they've been through.

I can't help worrying that Coop might be killed off, though. Like maybe he'll sacrifice himself so Laura can live again or something like that.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Muon on 02 September, 2017, 01:18:31 AMI can't help worrying that Coop might be killed off, though. Like maybe he'll sacrifice himself so Laura can live again or something like that.

Really doubt it. Lynch/Frost tend not to write things that way.

JOE SOAP

Looks like The Sopranos and The Prisoner have both been beaten by Twin Peaks for most contentious series ending.

Link Prime

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 September, 2017, 03:23:09 AM

Looks like The Sopranos and The Prisoner have both been beaten by Twin Peaks for most contentious series ending.

I've a day's work to get through first, but have prepared myself for the following final 15 minutes:

- Gordon Cole talks to a huge telephone.
- Coop and Evil Coop are annihilated, leaving a new 'Dougie' Tulpa to continue the shenanigans.
- Cut to The Roadhouse where four random millennials have a 9 minute conversation about non-plot points.
- We're played out with a rousing rendition of "F*ck You" (lyrics by David Lynch / performed by Sheryl Lee).

JOE SOAP

It's the hour after those 'final 15 minutes' you need to prepare for.