Main Menu

Prog 2045 - Apocalypse Then!

Started by Judge Olde, 18 August, 2017, 12:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Olde

Just seen the cover of Prog 2045 on Farcebook, but what a lovely cover ...

SIP

Lovely cover......and i'm actually interested in the subject matter- bonus!

sheridan

I remembered Anderson appearing in the squad, but didn't recall Hershey being present - shall have to have a quick look at Apoc when I get home!

Richard

Hershey was there.

Judge Ocks lost an arm in Shanty Town, and then was next seen in Gordon Rennie and Charlie Adlard's Gulag in progs 1382-1386, when he was killed by the Sovs.

Colin YNWA

Someone please change the title of this thread to Prog 2045 - Apocalypse Then! The actual tagline - this long thing is driving me buggie for some reason!*

*Well actually I know part of the reason is I still childishly really hold onto the idea that the Prog Thread shouldn't be started until someone has actually - you know -  read the Prog and can provide a review rather than just having seen a picture of the cover somewhere.

If you must start it early at least bloomin' start it right!

Okay, okay I'll stop being a petulant nerdish child... until next time that is!

Frank

Statues were erected in their honour and placed in public parks. Beautiful statues.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 August, 2017, 05:15:05 PM

*Well actually I know part of the reason is I still childishly really hold onto the idea that the Prog Thread shouldn't be started until someone has actually - you know -  read the Prog and can provide a review rather than just having seen a picture of the cover somewhere.

It's a tradition.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

A.Cow

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Might start the Prog 2745 thread now as I can currently see some trees which could potentially be pulped to make the paper.
We never really die.

Darren Stephens

Congratulations to the art team from the brill Rok of the Reds, Dan Cornwell and Abigail Bulmer, who takle this weeks Dredd. Looks fantastic!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Tjm86

All I'll say is, posties better deliver today or there'll be hell to pay!   >:D

Fungus

I'm wondering if it's pure coincidence to see this tale in 2[0]45 given the Apocalypse War started in 245. Like to think Tharg plans this kinda stuff.

Leigh S

Quote from: Fungus on 19 August, 2017, 11:22:52 AM
I'm wondering if it's pure coincidence to see this tale in 2[0]45 given the Apocalypse War started in 245. Like to think Tharg plans this kinda stuff.

Tharg plans all!  (If not, that's a neat coincidence.  Wasn;t sure how Dan's style would transpose into MC1, but he does a grand job!  Interesting that all the other Apocalypse Squad members are out of the Department - Hamble looks like he took a bad trip somewhere along the line!

Richard

I'm very interested to see where that Dredd is going.

But my favourite story in the prog right now is Hope, which is brilliantly written and brilliantly drawn. I do t know how it will end, but if the ending leaves room for a sequel then I really hope there is one.

There's a promising 3riller written by Gordon Rennie and Lawrence Rennie -- son? Brother? Husband? The plot thickens!