Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Phil Winslade or Chris Weston

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 January, 2021, 06:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Urgh. Weston gets it for me, primarily on the basis of his massive catalogue of great work, but it's testament to Winslade's skill and wonderful Lawless work that his output on a single strip nearly swung it for me.

Timothy

Weston for me. Nothing at all against Winslade - Lawless is exceptional - but Weston is 2000ad through and through. I feel like I have watched him grow through the years.

Tomwe

Link Prime

Bolt-01

Magnetica

sixmo

Chris Weston's current art is outstanding, and I don't know how Phil Winslade manages to get so much detail on to every page without taking an infinite amount of time.

I'm going to side with Phil Winslade right now but only because I wasn't that gone on some of the Weston art Canon Fodder facial expressions from 25 years ago and I need some kind of rationale for my choice.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sixmo on 20 January, 2021, 07:10:30 PM
Chris Weston's current art is outstanding, and I don't know how Phil Winslade manages to get so much detail on to every page without taking an infinite amount of time.

I spend about a day zoomed right into Phil's art when I'm lettering an episode of Lawless, constantly getting distracted by the sheer density of detail... and then I learned that he draws his pages at actual print size. The man must have microscopes where his eyes should be.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2021, 09:28:39 AM
Quote from: sixmo on 20 January, 2021, 07:10:30 PM

I spend about a day zoomed right into Phil's art when I'm lettering an episode of Lawless, constantly getting distracted by the sheer density of detail... and then I learned that he draws his pages at actual print size. The man must have microscopes where his eyes should be.

Goodness gracious how long does he take to do a page? His detail on each page is absolutely staggering awesome.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dr Feeley Good